Photo

0degree switch node issue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 cbff33

cbff33

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

I'm trying to place a 0 degree switch using the required wood tie version of the 20m dummy section. As soon as I place the first one I get an immediate MSTS must close msg, returning me to desktop. Not sure why it won't let me place it. Any ideas on this issue?

thanks by the way for the track profile. Works like a charm with dynatrax conversion.

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

It's been too long for me to recall - are you placing the pieces in the correct order? Someone else had mentioned a similar issue, but other don't seem to have a problem placing, and my cranium cobwebs prevents me from tracking down the issue.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 cbff33

cbff33

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

According to the tutorial at steam4me I am. But it's the exact same issue, as was brought up at trainsim last summer. As soon as you select the first piece you can place it, but as soon as you deselect the first piece, and attempt to place the second piece, MSTS crashes to desktop. I just wanted to check and see if you had been able to replicate this at all since last summers discussion.

If not, it's not a real huge issue. Since I'm not building with actual track plans and trying to be perfect, I little additional random track pull off here and there is no big issue.

Currently laying track from Creede, CO to Southfork, CO, and it's pretty much all single track.

It seems the issue occurs on the newer computers with newer installs rather than long established installs, but really can't say for sure. This is my first extensive work with anything other than KUJU/XTRACKS that I've used on my own personal route builds.

#4 eolesen

eolesen

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

I never got it resolved after bringing it up last year, and I've tested against TSection versions 38, 41 and 44.

Might have different results with an older TSection, but there's only so far I was willing to backdate in order to use them...

#5 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

I just tried it myself - not remembering what or how things were to be put together, I needed to visit Yuri's tutorial. blush.gif

Crashed and burned. I tried messing with the values in the tsection, but any knowledge of its inner working have been lost over time. Sorry, but I'm unable to solve this one - worked fine before - I developed the pieces while working on the Mountain Sub. I'll have to see if I can find the backups.

Cheers!
Marc

#6 eolesen

eolesen

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

Not too concerned about it, really. Last year? Perhaps, but the OR releases are making the workaround obsolete.

Specifically, broken couplers and long distances between nodes doesn't seem to be a problem in OR, and I'm already blowing thru the limits imposed by MSTS in other areas (e.g. poly counts and draw calls), so I don't see a need for the dummy nodes anymore.

#7 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'm just curious what changed from the time they worked to the time they didn't. huh.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#8 cbff33

cbff33

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I didn't want to go back to far on the Tsection either. But I did upgrade it to the latest version 44. Having a blast laying the scalerail down between Wagon Wheel Gap and South Fork. I'm pretty sure the San Louis Valley will bore me to tears with pretty much straight track for miles and lots of potato warehouses and silos so the long distance between nodes there won't be bad.

I will still be working the 0 node issue, as I'm not switching to open rails just yet. Gonna give it more time to get developed and some more kinks worked out. I pretty much just use it for eye candy teaser from time to time.