Photo

Colorado Pics! 9/16/12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#101 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Another view...

Attached Files

#102 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

more...

Attached Files

#103 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

One final pic as I aimed the camera toward the sun to try to capture an image illustrating the way the aspens glow when backlit by the sun. Nowhere near as gorgeous as in person... but perhaps you can get a glimpse of the splendor we got to enjoy together during our 2012 Colorado Trip.

I hope you enjoyed our trip with us!

Attached Files

#104 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Epilogue:

One week ago from tonight (Friday), the bikes were loaded and strapped down tightly on the trailer, all of our riding gear was packed and in the Blazer... only the essentials were with us up in our motel room. Our vacation was drawing to a close... quickly. That following morning, we would have to say goodbye to Colorado once more and start the long trip home to eastern Oklahoma.

We hate to leave everytime. However, our roots are here in eastern Oklahoma for now... so leave we must. Our trip home was safe and without incident.

Ponderings:

Given the small taste of Colorado I have shared with you in this mini-series, it should be easier for many of you to understand why it is so easy to be consumed with Colorado and its (historical) railroads. I cannot go to that place without having a nigh overwhelming urge to be able to create such scenes in MSTS.

I would not be surprised if I do indeed attempt to model Colorado again as one of my hobby routes. During this trip, I was able to add to my photo textures. I have been able to add additional photo textures for: Rock outcroppings, spruce trees, black sage, more structures, more water textures, and much more. I still have yet to take the time to carefully inventory my new pictures for useable textures. All in good time.

Like the Ozarks... Colorado runs very deep in not only me, but also Sharon.

I would love to be able to create in MSTS the drama and beauty that so typify what Colorado railroading means to me.

Thanks again for reading this and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did reliving it!!

#105 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Simply breathtaking!

#106 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Andre, Ann and I looked at this thread together this evening. What an epic trip, complete with drama you rather would not have had ... It has been far too long since we've been there. Thank you so much, friend, for sharing.