Photo

Easement Tool

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 nsdville

nsdville

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

Marc,

I wanted to try my hand at super-elevation in railworks. I have discovered that the easement tool is not functioning properly in a custom route that I am building (using SP high def scalerail ). The purple easement lines do not extend as intended. My track rule includes the SP scalerail trackrule with the super elevation code of the horseshoe curve route. Thinking I may have corrupted the game, I tried building a test route with the horeseshoe curve texture set along with the Horseshoe trackrule. It worked great. My question is, have you had any problems with super elev using the scalerail? If not, Could you point me in the direction of a solution? blink.gif

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Easements should work fine, but the current trackrule doesn't contain the entries for super-elevation. You could, however, add the entries manually using the trackrule used in the Horseshoe Curve route as an example.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 rickintucson

rickintucson

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jan 8 2012, 7:50 PM) View Post

Easements should work fine, but the current trackrule doesn't contain the entries for super-elevation. You could, however, add the entries manually using the trackrule used in the Horseshoe Curve route as an example.

Hi Marc,

I also got your HD track, love it, but am in mourning over lack of super elevation.....Can you walk me through what you mentioned above?

Thanks,
Rick

#4 rickintucson

rickintucson

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hi again, Marc, nevermind I got it and it looks great.

I used the SP Mainline track, using the HSC track rules and easements.

Came out great.

One thing, since I have a fair amount of track laid, is it possible to change the track rule for what is already laid to HSC?

Thanks,
Rick

#5 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hi Rick,

If you were to change the track rule, you would have to select each ribbon of track in the route editor and change the track rule via the right side flyout menu.

Cheers!
Marc

#6 rickintucson

rickintucson

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Thanks again Marc.

I see in the last update they say superelevation works with 3Dtrack. Is that yours they are referring to?

In Modeling the UP line from Denver to Julesberg, your SP track is perfect, with very limited car rocking.

UP built their track glass smooth, but when I use HSC track rule to get superelevation I get too much sway and rocking.

So, two questions:

1. If the 3D track they refer to is yours, I still cant get it to work, am I missing something?

If not....

2. Can I reduce rocking/swaying on the HSC track?

Thanks for your great track, and I await your reply!

Rick

#7 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

RSC is referring to track that has 3D ties - not our track. I have yet to add the proper values for SE and smoothness to ScaleRail.

As for the HSC track, you can adjust the values in the track blueprint to reduce the track's bumpiness. Not something I can go into right now, as it takes a tutorial on several things beyond the track itself.

Cheers!
Marc