Photo

Trouble at Feather River

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 GraemeHolmes

GraemeHolmes

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

I cant run any of the activities on FRR. If I attempt to, I a get a quick one second glimpse from the cab then a blank screen and the usual , tell or don't tell microsoft about this problem. Yet I can run all FRR locomotives and consists in explorer route. All other Routes run OK. I'm running Windows XP home edition 32bit with quad CPU's @ 2.66Ghz and 3.25GB's of RAM with a NVIDIA GE Force GT220 soundcard with 1024mb of memory. Is there a light at the end of the tunnell. I would be happy to receive any advice. Regards Graeme

#2 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Do you have MSTS Bin installed? This is a minimum requirement to run the FRC route.

http://mstsbin.uktra...ng/download.htm

Cheers!
Marc

#3 GraemeHolmes

GraemeHolmes

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:02 PM

Yes I have MSTS Bin installed. Graeme

#4 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

It might be a case where you have either too many routes. When MSTS starts, it attempts to load all activities from all routes, which then places a strain on your PC's memory. MSTS Bin usually takes care of this, but in some cases you may need to either reduce the number of installed route, or create a "mini-install" of Feather River. More info on setting up a mini-route can be found on the following site:

http://msts.steam4me...mini_route.html

Cheers!
Marc

#5 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

check your Global folder to make sure you have the lastest tsection.dat file open the file with notepad and look for the Build number should be 41.

#6 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

Will I take that back. Build 42 was just posted to Train-Sim.

#7 GraemeHolmes

GraemeHolmes

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

Marc, You were right again mate. I got rid of a lot of stuff on MSTS, it's incredible just how much stuff you end up having on MSTS, and FRR works perfectly. Have you ever thought about moving down under we could sure use a very smart man like you to be our Prime Minister. Thanks again, Graeme