Photo

Progress Report on Cal-P?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 JonBuck

JonBuck

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

Hullo Dave; Been following progress of the Cal-P route project for some years now with great anticipation....like many others in this hobby. I haven't uncovered any word relating to the project for about a year now. (Maybe I've missed something as I've been out of the hobby for some months.) Wondering if there has been any progress, or has the workload killed enthusiasm for completing it? What you were trying to do sounded very promising....but at the level of detail you are proposing, the work demands must be pretty heavy! Is Cal-P still in the works? Jon B. (SP fan from the steam days in the Los Angeles area)

#2 Genma Saotome

Genma Saotome

Dispatcher

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:24 PM

HI Jon, Yes, work continues on the Cal-P. I'm also active on the Open Rails project so with that, as well as my work at Elvastower.com, the rate of progress on the Cal-P has been less this year than I hoped. The most recent changes include building models for the passenger train shed located on the Oakland Mole. I can't post images here but I have done so at Elvastower.com (try General 3d modeling) and over at Trainsim.com (in OpenRails Screenshots).