Photo

Where's Andre?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

huh.gif

#2 zhilton

zhilton

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(S. Weaver @ Aug 7 2011, 4:51 PM) View Post

huh.gif
Yip... huh.gif

#3 billmoyer

billmoyer

Fireman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

Been wunderin' the same . . . .

Maybe he's still trying to resolve his "slight inconvenience" from 7/4 !?!?!?!?!?! sad.gif sad.gif

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

You love me! You really do love me! biggrin.gif

Bill Moyer hit the nail on the head: I still haven't moved all the junk I need to move onto the new hard drive. At this point, MSTS isn't even installed. All projects are safe with multiple back ups... just haven't bit the bullet and started installing MSTS and all the scads of programs developing requires. I dread it.

PLUS... it's been so bloomin' hot at work. Fort Smith set an all-time high record temp last Wednesday at 115 degrees. I think we're into 30+ consecutive days now of over 100 degrees. This summer is as bad as that awful one I remember back in 1980, and may eclipse it before it's over with.

SO, when I get home I don't want to tackle anything that requires thought and frustration (as is the case when installing finicky programs). I just want to get my shower and then sit and relax at my hobby bench with some projects while I sip on an ice tea and bask in the A/C.

However... I'm always up for a good discussion or sumpthin' here at my VSC forum!! What have you guys been doin'?

#5 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(laming @ Aug 8 2011, 3:58 PM) View Post

You love me! You really do love me! biggrin.gif

Bill Moyer hit the nail on the head: I still haven't moved all the junk I need to move onto the new hard drive. At this point, MSTS isn't even installed. All projects are safe with multiple back ups... just haven't bit the bullet and started installing MSTS and all the scads of programs developing requires. I dread it.

PLUS... it's been so bloomin' hot at work. Fort Smith set an all-time high record temp last Wednesday at 115 degrees. I think we're into 30+ consecutive days now of over 100 degrees. This summer is as bad as that awful one I remember back in 1980, and may eclipse it before it's over with.

SO, when I get home I don't want to tackle anything that requires thought and frustration (as is the case when installing finicky programs). I just want to get my shower and then sit and relax at my hobby bench with some projects while I sip on an ice tea and bask in the A/C.

However... I'm always up for a good discussion or sumpthin' here at my VSC forum!! What have you guys been doin'?

Couldn't agree with you more. Our shop is not air conditioned so at the end of the day I go crash in the A/C. To hot to ride the Harley .....

#6 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

Kevin:

Three weeks ago I made the mistake of riding the Harley to NW AR to meet the wife at her folks (she spent the night there to see an out-of-town visiting relative). During the 1 1/2 hour ride back, my air temperature gauge on my consol read 120 degrees. It was NOT fun. That was the last excursion the Harley has been on. It now sits patiently in the garage waiting for this awful summer to be over.

#7 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(laming @ Aug 8 2011, 5:51 PM) View Post

Kevin:

Three weeks ago I made the mistake of riding the Harley to NW AR to meet the wife at her folks (she spent the night there to see an out-of-town visiting relative). During the 1 1/2 hour ride back, my air temperature gauge on my consol read 120 degrees. It was NOT fun. That was the last excursion the Harley has been on. It now sits patiently in the garage waiting for this awful summer to be over.

That had to be when you were moving, traffic lights, trains and heavy traffic make for some pretty miserable riding. Mines parked to....

#8 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

Hmmm - we have the opposite this side of the Pond - we have had our heating switched on 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Not so much cold, just damp and miserable. Our summers now are in April/May and early June. Come July and August it is almost like late fall or very early winter at times.

Wouldn't mind some sunshine and heat - but not what you guys are experiencing. Our last that was something like that was about 6 years ago when it didn't rain from early June through till September and you knew every day that you got up the sun would shine.

This is what you get for living on a small island at the edge of the Atlantic smile.gif.

Rodster

#9 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(august1929 @ Aug 12 2011, 2:52 PM) View Post

Hmmm - we have the opposite this side of the Pond - we have had our heating switched on 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Not so much cold, just damp and miserable. Our summers now are in April/May and early June. Come July and August it is almost like late fall or very early winter at times.

Wouldn't mind some sunshine and heat - but not what you guys are experiencing. Our last that was something like that was about 6 years ago when it didn't rain from early June through till September and you knew every day that you got up the sun would shine.

This is what you get for living on a small island at the edge of the Atlantic smile.gif.

Rodster

Is that the island were everybody speaks with a funny accent tongue.gif tongue.gif smile.gif

#10 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(milepost56 @ Aug 12 2011, 6:47 PM) View Post

Is that the island were everybody speaks with a funny accent tongue.gif tongue.gif smile.gif

I say old boy, no idea what you mean, what?! biggrin.gif

We do have our variations - where I live, near the city of Bath, there are some quite remarkable variations in pronunciation - BAth (barked at you in a convincing imitation of a mad dog), baTHHHH (by a lisping snake), Baaaaaaath (in a descending lazy drawl - almost as if the speaker will fall asleep before finishing), Bth (by people of economy and little patience who do not like to wst thr tm n vwls - *a translation is provided free of charge below for the vowelly challenged smile.gif ) and Baaiithh (by those who deny the economy of the former and get in as many letters as possible into every word they speak)...

Rod

* waste their time on vowels

#11 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(august1929 @ Aug 12 2011, 10:23 PM) View Post

I say old boy, no idea what you mean, what?! biggrin.gif

We do have our variations - where I live, near the city of Bath, there are some quite remarkable variations in pronunciation - BAth (barked at you in a convincing imitation of a mad dog), baTHHHH (by a lisping snake), Baaaaaaath (in a descending lazy drawl - almost as if the speaker will fall asleep before finishing), Bth (by people of economy and little patience who do not like to wst thr tm n vwls - *a translation is provided free of charge below for the vowelly challenged smile.gif ) and Baaiithh (by those who deny the economy of the former and get in as many letters as possible into every word they speak)...

Rod
* waste their time on vowels

Rod, you should listen to the way the English is murdered here in the states too!
Any way, just having some fun smile.gif