Photo

Installing rural landscape high res question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 cvultejus

cvultejus

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

I have the "Colton and Northern" and Fort Kent to Eagle Lake from all aboard through steam I installed the rural high res and scale roads. Do I need to do anything else after the install because I don't see any difference in the trees especially the colton and Northern they still look default not natural but MSTS style. I thought the trees would look more natural. The Fort Kent trees look good but I don't see any change for the Colton. The installer installed it to the steam folder by default since there is no regular rail works folder. I'm running windows 7 64 bit so everything is in the programs(86) folder. I did not change the folders for the install since I figured it new where to put the data. When I open up Rail works Packager I see 3D trains Scale road and Scenery Packs. I'm not sure if I need to do something else or if after the install the new graphics would be automatic. Like I said earlier though I can see a big difference between the Colton and Ft Kent style trees after the install so I'm not sure if the rural landscapes install actually changed anything Also not sure if this is the right area but I noticed some of the tracks seem to just show the rail but missing the boards in certain areas on the colton and Northern. All you see is rail and grass in certain spots I have all the scenery files maxed out in the settings for railworks. Thanks

#2 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:09 PM

Like I said earlier though I can see a big difference between the Colton and Ft Kent style trees after the install so I'm not sure if the rural landscapes install actually changed anything

I'm confused. At first you said there was no change, but here you said there was a big difference. :huh:

Did you verify the game cache? Note that only our trees in those routes will receive a boost in graphic quality. Also be aware that some tracks do not contain ties - is this what you see, or do mean the track is buried in the ground?

Cheers!
Marc

#3 cvultejus

cvultejus

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

Yes sorry for confusion. On the older add on like the colton northern I did not see a foliage change. I thought the trees would look like they do on the Fort Kent, the later products from All aboard. The trees on the Kent look more life like and full where as the trees on the older Colton Northern still look like MSTS versions and geometric. I thought the trees on the older Colton would with rural landscapes look like the Fort Kent trees. I thought the texture files for the trees were replaced. It could be that the trees were just done in greater res but the basic shape left untouched. As for the rail road ties between the rails that are missing on the Colton its just at the starting round house shed area in the mx areas. Like you said this could be done with purpose if the tracks in those areas don't have ties. Thanks

#4 cvultejus

cvultejus

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

Looking at it again I see that 90 percent of the trees were replaced there are just a few left that are MSTS geometric. The track around the round house on the colton is messed up i can see portions of the track are missing the wood between rails and just the green under the track shows and some portions of the track seem to fade out. I would send a screen shot but not sure how to add it here not sure how to get it from my pictures to a URL format. When I try to add attachment it says its too large. If you could see it you would understand what I'm trying to describe. I added your freeware scale rail but it didn't help.

#5 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

Some of track was created to have hidden or slightly hidden tie work. You'll notice this around yards and such. As for the trees, the Rural Landscapes package does not replace trees, but only will enhance the original trees from the freeware RL pack. All other trees are either default or were created by Rich at All Aboard. Cheers! Marc