Photo

HELP NEEDED 7/10/11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

Hello All:

This hard drive changeover is proving to be a nightmare. My CD version of Microsoft Works is older than the one that was installed on the original C drive, thus I cannot access my .wps documents I use for V Scale Creations.

First Question: Is there a program that will read .wps files? (i.e. Something I can download pronto and at least access my .wps files. I will purchase MS Works, but I suspect it will be a while before the CD arrives.)

Next issue: I still haven't been able to obtain the information I need to import the VSC-based email folders from my OLD install of Outlook Express into this NEW install of Outlook Express. Do any of you know the folder syntax needed to chase down the folder dat in OE so I can bring my previous VSC emails into my new OE? Until I can do this, my email folder containing my receipts w/links and passwords is dead in the water.

Second Question: Do any of you have the receipt email that I PERSONALLY mailed you (not the automated PayPal receipt that PayPal emails) for any of my products? IF SO, can you please email me a copy so I can recreate them?

I need said receipts for: The Ozark Northern, the St. Louis & North Arkansas, the A&O, the CM Pack, the North Arkansas Pack, and the VSC SteamSound Pack.

If you have any of the above, please send a copy to laming(at)cebridge(dot)net.

This would get me going until I can make contact with an IT for some tech support.

LESSON LEARNED: Save a copy of all documents in .txt and .doc formats so as not to have them saved in proprietory formats ONLY!

This one has sneeked up and bit me on the butt. sad.gif

Thanks for any assistance.

Andre

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

Update:

A kind customer has sent me the receipt for the Ozark Northern, so that one can be crossed off the above list. Thanks Jeremy!

#3 TheGrindre

TheGrindre

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:06 PM

Have you tried OpenOffice.org??? It reads about everything from any word processor. (It's freeware. Been using it for years, BTW Haven't owned any other Office Suit since 1988...)

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:44 AM

Hi All!

Mission accomplished on the receipts! Thanks for coming through in a big way!!

Rick:

I will look into your recommendation when I get home from work tonight.

#5 old_codger

old_codger

Ticket Inspector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE(TheGrindre @ Jul 11 2011, 12:47 AM) View Post

Have you tried OpenOffice.org??? It reads about everything from any word processor. (It's freeware. Been using it for years, BTW Haven't owned any other Office Suit since 1988...)

Another option is LibreOffice. It's being developed by a group that used to be with the OpenOffice team, but when Oracle bought OpenOffice, they broke away and developed LibreOffice.
I find it a bit better than OpenOffice.