Photo

OT: New Ride! 4/8/11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

Mentioned in another thread that the wife and I have a new ride under us. I went and traded-off my beloved Deuce to get something that Sharon can enjoy riding for long distances.

We picked it up last Saturday... and promptly put on 311 miles to/from Eureka Springs, AR, including the Cass, AR area... BBQ at the Oark General Store (you remember the Oark General Store, right Steve?)... all sorts of stuff. We even stopped at Withrow Springs Park. (Had lots of fun times at Withrow Springs. Sharon and I would take our daughter up there when she was but a child when we lived at Huntsville, AR.)

Anyway... below are a couple pics.

First one: We're taking delivery at the dealership. Over the years we've become freinds with Michael and his sister Debbie, the owners. They're good folk. L to R: Me, Michael, Debbie, Sharon.

Second pic: Sharon at Withrow Springs. Yup, that big clear looking creek comes OUT of the cave behind her!

Attached Files

#2 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

Nice, Andre. You won't regret it.

The Deuce is more of an "outlaw" bike, like its little brother the Sportster. Our better halves prefer a Touring frame (and seat). We wish you many miles of comfortable riding!

#3 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

What a sweet ride Andre, thats actually the next ride I had my sites on. My wife and I both ride and have our own 1200 lows with all the trimmings. We both have decided to move up if you will, ride safe brother, nice IRON.... smile.gif

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

Steve:

Agree. The Deuce was much more of a "hot rod". This is more like a Lexus. Gotta' admit though, I always felt like a million bucks when riding the Deuce. It had tons of "soul"... if you know what I mean. BUT... it was indeed a cruiser-type and really couldn't do what we now want to do.

Kevin:

IF you are planning on doing some multi-day touring, a comfortable bike is really the only way to go. IF you like hot rod bikes... a C Ultra will take some getting used to. More weight, softer seat, smoother ride, floorboards instead of forwards... that sort of thing.

As for Sharon's comfort, we already know this: She has gone from only being able to hang tough for about 200 miles on the add-on Sundowner seat that I fitted onto the Deuce... to 300+ and saying she's good for another couple hundred or so.

After this first trip... we'll let you know how it works out for us!! biggrin.gif