Photo

Horseshoe Curve progress update

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 maxim

maxim

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

Hello ,

Here is a small progress update on the project. Tracks have just reached CP Conemaugh, so i am slowly but surely getting "there". Im really enjoying building this route, although i wish i had more time to spend on it. Again, a small update on the progress, hope you like it. In case you missed the first announcement of the route head over to http://www.3dtrains....showtopic=17463

The video of the route is here:

EB heading towards South Fork
Attached File  Upload_1_n.jpg   210.37KB   188 downloads

Looking towards the NS mainline at South Fork, picture taken at the South Fork Secondary yard
Attached File  Upload_6.jpg   217.95KB   170 downloads

South fork wye, looking WB
Attached File  Upload_7.jpg   246.86KB   152 downloads

Looking towards the South Fork secondary yard
Attached File  Upload_3.jpg   244.85KB   162 downloads

#2 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

That really looks the business, particularly the second shot. The cabin in the first looks too British though.

Rod

#3 maxim

maxim

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:33 PM

EB heading out of Cresson
Attached File  NS.jpg   171.75KB   158 downloads

Foreign visitor on the Pittsburgh line
Attached File  Upload_8.jpg   231.65KB   144 downloads

Looking WB towards the Conemaugh "curve"
Attached File  Upload_10.jpg   202.96KB   142 downloads

Thanks for watching smile.gif

#4 maxim

maxim

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

Rod,

Thank you for your reply. Wish we had more US assets available, that tower does indeed look british, in fact its probably from a british asset :-)

Thanks again.

#5 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:23 PM

Well it is really beautiful work anyway smile.gif - are there any appropriate assets in the Soo Line donationware pack?

I know it would mean, if you distributed it, the end user having to purchase the pack, but it is pretty large and full of definitely US assets rather than British/European? Just a thought. Maybe even Rich Garber's first two routes which I think still come with assets that can be used (again, the end user would have to own the routes) - though you would need to check on that.

Fantasticaly atmospheric work

Rod

#6 maxim

maxim

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

Soo Line donationware, why didnt i think of that, having bought it a couple of weeks ago. tongue.gif Will check out, thanks for the tip and the support.

#7 dbarree

dbarree

Railfan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

Can't wait for this route. I grew up in Altoona and my brother just retired as an engineer from the railroad last year. I was thrilled when Microsoft announced this would be part of MSTS2 and then really lost interest in the whole train simulation after the announcement that it was cancelled. I had just built a new computer and hadn't yet installed MSTS on it when I got the news of the cancellation and I never did install MSTS on the new rig.
I just bought RW on sale from Steam this past week and now I'm looking for content. It looks like the first purchase will be SR and the scenery. After that, who knows?

#8 NS6676

NS6676

Railfan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Have you finished it looks great!