Photo

Question about UP F3 SuperPack

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Akatasha

Akatasha

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:30 AM

Are these locomotives (UP 1400-1416) did not have dynamic brakes in real life, as modeled?
Thank you.

#2 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(Akatasha @ Mar 8 2011, 8:11 AM) View Post

Are these locomotives (UP 1400-1416) did not have dynamic brakes in real life, as modeled?
Thank you.

Even though the dynamic brakes lever is shown in the cab view it does not work so the physics of these ENGs do not have dynamic brakes.

#3 Akatasha

Akatasha

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

I asked this question because these locos have something that looks like a dynamic brake fan:
IPB Image

#4 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

Looks like I goofed with the ENG files, as they're for a non-dynamic version. It's been years since I researched this set, so I don't recall the reason for not putting in dynamics.

Since it's also been so long since I tinkered with MSTS, I won't be able to test the following file myself (a modified version from my SP set). Extract the UP #1400 ENG file inside the zip to the 3DTrains_FUnits_UP2 folder in the Trainset directory. If all works well, I'll finished the other files and upload an update.

Let me know how things work out.

Cheers!
Marc

Attached Files

#5 Akatasha

Akatasha

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Mar 10 2011, 5:39 PM) View Post

Looks like I goofed with the ENG files, as they're for a non-dynamic version. It's been years since I researched this set, so I don't recall the reason for not putting in dynamics.

Since it's also been so long since I tinkered with MSTS, I won't be able to test the following file myself (a modified version from my SP set). Extract the UP #1400 ENG file inside the zip to the 3DTrains_FUnits_UP2 folder in the Trainset directory. If all works well, I'll finished the other files and upload an update.

Let me know how things work out.

Cheers!
Marc

Yeah, it works very well! But I had to replace "AUnit_SP_6117" to "AUnit_UP_1400" in the lines "Engine (" and "Wagon (" for avoiding MSTS crash smile.gif .
Thank you.