Photo

Pics From Work 12/29/10

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:59 PM

Seein' as I'm now trying to take my camera with me each day... thought I'd start a thread where I can post pics I shoot while I'm in my "office".

Todays pics:

My job (Ft. Smith Switcher 2) finished early. Sooo... we went over the river and helped out FSSW 3. Once over the river, we picked up another unit (#56) and went into the Van Buren UP yard to get the transfer train that was bound for the Fort Smith Railroad back in Fort Smith. Here's a couple of pics I snapped during our air test.

It was a nasty, nasty day... cold rain most of the day. Thank heavens for good heaters and a good thermos of hot coffee! Too bad about the guy workin' the ground! (Jeremy.)

Attached Files

#2 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

Awesome, I love the real stuff Andre so keep it comin' smile.gif

#3 Frisco2

Frisco2

Track Layer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

Andre,

I spotted your motor teamed up and heading north yesterday, I wandered if they borrowed it or you were helping out?..
Nice pics.

David

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

Hi David!

If it was a trio of power, with #42 leading, I was not running that train. I had just been picked up at Van Buren and was cabbed back to the FS terminal. If it was #42 and #52, running on the FSR... that was me, to and from. See the UP yard pics above.

Pics from today...

Up first:

Spotting an empty into the hole for waste paper loading at Dixie Cup. Get's kind'a tight in there. I have to bump the car against the stop in order for the boxcar to fit. Sometimes I have ahold of 8-9 cars doing same. Gotta' be careful or you can pile-drive them through the wall!

Next:

In the hole and waiting for the KCS Fort Smith Dodger (local) to rumble by. Once by it was time to boogie to the next stop!

Last:

A fuzzy picture of SF Jct. The switch in front leads to the KCS yard (lined for their yard). This is where the KCS train in the previous pic left from. Only four cars are waiting for us on the connection track.

Welp... all for today!

Attached Files

#5 derek

derek

Yardmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:27 PM

Andre,

Thanks for taking the time to take the photo's.
Its helps makes MSTS a more believable place.

Cheers
Derek

#6 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

Nice in cab shots Andre! Glad to see your still givin' the ole Alcos hell lol

Thanks,
Thrasher

#7 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hello JT!

Long time no hear. What are you doing now? I'm sure high school is well behind you, by this time. Hope all is well with you and your family.

All:

Here's a couple pics I snapped today. We were waiting on the KCS to arrive at SF Jct so we could head south. (Remember, the KCS has trackage rights over the A&M from our southern yard limit to SF Jct.)

Have fun!

Attached Files

#8 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

Whoa, railroading long hood forward! I always knew you were that kind of guy. biggrin.gif

#9 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:25 AM

Were all very well thanks! I'm fixing to graduate college to be a Aviation Maintenance Technician, I started January last year and get out in May, its flew by. Pray for me that I pass all my tests to be blessed by the Feds to get my licenses.

Jonathan

#10 cricetus

cricetus

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for the pics!

#11 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

Steve:

Not by choice! IMHO, the visibility was better in the steam engines I've run than some diesels long hood forward. Also, kills your neck after a while. Alco's are VERY uncomfortable to run long hood forward.

JT:

Good for you. We'll all hope for the best on your tests.

All:

Here's a couple more pics.

Pic 1: It's a crisp, snappy morning as the Conductor is walking to the head end after we've done some switching in the "South Yard". We've just pulled South Yard 3 and getting ready to head north.

Pic 2: The KCS yard, but this time with a Fort Smith Railroad GP20 making a delivery. "One of these days" I'll have my camera handy at the right time to snap a pic of their power. They really keep them in nice condition.

Welp... all for now!

Attached Files

#12 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

Been awhile since I've taken a pic at work and shared. Sooo... here's one from today.

What you're seeing is four flat cars loaded with cuts of rail stock. When you switch rail on flats that are continuous pieces and spanning the flats, the stuff bends and swirms like a snake as it moves through switches and S curves. Kind'a weird!

Attached Files