Photo

Tsection.dat Build38 & ScaleRails

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 smog

smog

Railfan

• Route Beta
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:11 AM

Hello:

Perhaps, in all this time reading your topics, this is my first intervention. For me is very difficult to write in english, this is not my natural language. But, I go with the topic:

Since time ago, I am studying the tsection.dat file (Build38, Build41 is the same but with different name). A lot of errors in Route Editor are because a lot of files donīt exist or have bad desing or tsection bad reference. I am cleaning all this troubles file per file, and in ScaleRail the problem is not different. The shapes are fantastic, but with some problems.

I am developing a route, but it is not possible for the errors hanging my Route Editor (I know the difficult with this). I decided to study the SR_ files (For the moment only rails). And I find this:

-157 files .s (and its .sd) not referenced in Tsection.dat. (only Rails sections).

-In file SR_Turntable_c_37m.s dont exist the SR_Track_c6b.ace and SR_Track_c6a.ace (Exists the same for SNOW folder). Do you know where can I find this both .ace files?

-In SR_2tXvr_w_m06d.s donīt exist SR_Track_w9a.ace. Do you know where can I find it?

-In SR_1tSwt_y_im06dL_Long.s, SR_1tSwt_y_im06dL_Short.s, SR_1tSwt_y_im06dR_Long.s, SR_1tSwt_y_im06dR_Short.s and the four same but without "i" donīt exists the file SR_Track_y4a.ace. Do you know where can I find it?

-The files SR_1tBrg_n_0700r10d.s and SR_1tBrg_n_0700r20.s have bad aligment with the rest of the line. The orientation of the track is turning on the left, and the blue poles and white line over the track is turning on the right in both files. Do you know if it is possible to solve this?

I donīt know what happen with the 157 files without reference in Tsection. I canīt to put in Route Editor.

If you can help me to solve the above wrote, thank you very much. Perhaps some of the problems canīt solve. Sorry for my english expressions, again. blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif

Regards

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

-In file SR_Turntable_c_37m.s dont exist the SR_Track_c6b.ace and SR_Track_c6a.ace (Exists the same for SNOW folder). Do you know where can I find this both .ace files?

All texture files follow a similar naming format, so you can make copies of "W" files, and rename the with "C" designators.

-In SR_2tXvr_w_m06d.s donīt exist SR_Track_w9a.ace. Do you know where can I find it?

I believe this was an experimental shape (double crossover), and as such, should not be used.

-In SR_1tSwt_y_im06dL_Long.s, SR_1tSwt_y_im06dL_Short.s, SR_1tSwt_y_im06dR_Long.s, SR_1tSwt_y_im06dR_Short.s and the four same but without "i" donīt exists the file SR_Track_y4a.ace. Do you know where can I find it?

See my texture comments above.

-The files SR_1tBrg_n_0700r10d.s and SR_1tBrg_n_0700r20.s have bad aligment with the rest of the line. The orientation of the track is turning on the left, and the blue poles and white line over the track is turning on the right in both files. Do you know if it is possible to solve this?

Either I created the shape incorrectly, or entered the wrong values in the tsection.dat. I'll investigate.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 smog

smog

Railfan

• Route Beta
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:15 AM

Hello:

Thanks for your interesting words. I solved the most of the problems about textures missing.

AND...

I solved the problem with bad aligment in tracks SR_1tBrg_n_0700r10d.s and SR_1tBrg_n_0700r20d.s.

If somebody is interesting, this is the solution:

(Back up the Tsection.dat for security)

For track SR_1tBrg_n_0700r10d.s:

-Go to Tsection.dat file (Build38) and open.
-Look for "TrackShape ( 23348".
-In line "SectionIdx ( 3 0 0 0 0 30194 39821 30194 )".
-Delete 39821 and write 39820.

For track SR_1tBrg_n_0700r20d.s:

-Look for "TrackShape ( 23349"
And the same than above, but be carefully because the value 39821 is two times. Change the two times for value 39820.

Save the Tsection.dat and the problem will be solved if you work fine.

I hope to help you with this.

Regards