Photo

F7 Installation Problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 micaelcorleone

micaelcorleone

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hey all!
I bought the Railworks Santa Fe F7 Pack and downloaded it, but now I have a problem with the installation.
I must choose a path for the installation, but I donīt now which.
If I choose "programmes/Railworks" this doesnīt work, the engines donīt apper in the game.
I use windows vista and the recent Steam-version of Railworks.

Would be fine if anyone could help, thanks!

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:12 AM

When you select Railworks, the installer automatically finds the path. All you have to do is click-through each screen. smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#3 micaelcorleone

micaelcorleone

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:50 AM

Ok, I solved the problem, but a new one occured. I donīt know, may be I am simply too stupid.^^
I tried to run a train with the new locos, so I put a F7 300CF, tow B units and another F7 300CF in front of some Santa Fe waggons from G-Trax.
When I power the engine it is always the same: the locos first F7 A and the two Bs accelerate much more quicker than the last A-Unit with the waggons, so they drive away from the rest of the train.

#4 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:30 AM

You mean the train breaks in two sections? Sounds like they weren't properly connected. When placing the locos and cars, did you ensure that they were actually coupled?

Cheers!
Marc

#5 micaelcorleone

micaelcorleone

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Mar 13 2010, 11:11 AM) View Post

You mean the train breaks in two sections? Sounds like they weren't properly connected. When placing the locos and cars, did you ensure that they were actually coupled?

Yes, I ensured and it is the same with the default Railworks waggons. The train doesnīt break really, because the other part of the train keeps on driving but much slower than the front engines.
By the way, there are no couplers at the rear ends of the locos, is this normal or might this be the cause of the problems?

#6 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:05 AM

I'll have to give Rick's cars a run and see what the locos are doing. As for the rear couplers - it should be there. This too I'll investigate, as they appear fine here.

Cheers!
Marc

#7 micaelcorleone

micaelcorleone

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:14 AM

May be I installed it in the false path. The installer dinīt show the path, so I installed the locos into: programmes/steam/steamapps/common/railworks

As I said the rear couplers of the A-Units arenīt there as well as the couplers of the Bs.
Could it be, that there are other Packs like the SP4449 making problems with the F7s or it is because I use the Steam-Version?

#8 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

I've seen this once before, but that was with an older installer I was using, and it seemed to have been solved when I upgraded the installer a couple of years back.

Cheers!
Marc

#9 micaelcorleone

micaelcorleone

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

Reinstalled everything again and now it works fine.
Thank you for your help, the engines are great!

Some high-detailed streamlinerwaggons for Super Chief, Texas Chief and El Capitan would be great!