Photo

Scalerail Problem!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 nsman18

nsman18

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hello guys, I have a problem in which maybe someone can help! Recently I had to re-install my windows and along with that meant re-installing my entire MSTS installation. A good two years worth of stuff! I had had a small route project which I had made using scalerail and scaleroads, before the install everything was runing smoothly! It has to do with the following error:

routes\USA5\textures\SR_Road_Urban_Curb.ace

I have looked all over for it, but it does not appear to be anywhere at all!

Also the Pocahontas scalerail version also does not appear to have any extended shape data for any track sections used. Also having problems with the shape in the global shapes. Something like failed to open!

Before the install I did have the full version of NS Pocahontas installed when I downloaded the scalerail version! Before I reinstalled the pocahontas and my small switch route I installed scalerail and scaleroads exactly like I had done before!

My main question here is would I have to go through converting my small switch route to scalerail again?

Also would I have to redownload the Pocahontas and the scalerail version in order to get both to work properly?

I was thinking about going through the whole MSTS install process again, and installing scalerail and roads again before I install those two routes. But I am not sure on what to do really!

One other intersting note is that the Lasalle, Rockford route which is scalerail is working flawlessy right now. No errors at all, which perplexes me as to what could be going on! Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get these routes working flawlessly again!

Thanks in advance!

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:38 PM

The curb textures will have to wait until I return this weekend from WA.

As for the Pocahontas, the route, then the ScaleRail update should take care of things. If you install in this order you shouldn't have any issues.

Any other ScaleRail issues can be taken care of by a fresh install of the shapes, but you'll need to also ensure that you have the track textures needed for the route. The latter is probably where your problems are coming from.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 nsman18

nsman18

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for the info, I will have to give that a try as I completely overlooked that! The curb deal has me perplexed as the route I get that error on didn't happen before! Thanks again for your helpful advice. I will try a fresh install of the shapes.

#4 nsman18

nsman18

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

I did manage to get the Pocahontas working, after re-instaling scalerail and then the route itself managed to do the trick. Somehow a few things were missing from the backup copy. I assume a similar thing has happened to my small switch route. So on a hunch I will try to re-convert the switch route. I belive I have learned something here, although the reformat had backed everything else up with no problem, for some reason those two routes went haywire on me. I will say after two years of not having to re-install MSTS I found out just how tough it can be!

#5 nsman18

nsman18

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

A little update, I managed to correct the problems on my small switch route! For the curb issue, it appears and I am still not entirely certain on this that a couple of textures somehow during the backup problem were mislabled. Although I have never heard of that happening, and I am not a computer expert I suspect that my not so bright idea to have everything automatically backed up during the windows re-install may have had something to do with it. Either way I took a couple of similar textures labled misc in other routes and renamed them. It also turns out that a few textures out of my small switch route were missing altogether! Problem has been fixed and now have to inspect the work I have done on my small switch route to see if anything looks out of place.

Thanks again for your insight Marc!