Photo

Scale Roads Missing Textures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 PerryPlatypus

PerryPlatypus

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

I got Scale Roads (I laready had Scale Rail) and almost every single piece I try to select, even with those that have thumbnails, I get an error message like "Failed to open texture file SR_Road_Hiway_Guard.ace" or "SR_Road_Country_Guard.ace" or even "SR_Road_Rural_2LC.ace" or "SR_Road_Town_Curb.ace". There are several other ones too. These are then always followed by a "shape failed to load" message. Is there a seperate download that includes these textures?

#2 GaryG

GaryG

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hi

I just searched for "sr_road_hiway_guard" and found it in two routes, both payware, one was Feather River (WP3) and the other was the route we don't talk about on these forums.

I assume from this that your missing ace files are from a payware pack. I'm sure Marc will let us know...

GaryG

#3 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:01 AM

Sounds like you have older shapes, as we haven't used those texture names for several years. Try downloading the latest build, and copy the textures from the Global\ScaleRail\Textures folder to your route's Textures folder.

Cheers!
Marc

#4 PerryPlatypus

PerryPlatypus

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jan 24 2010, 7:42 AM) View Post

Sounds like you have older shapes, as we haven't used those texture names for several years. Try downloading the latest build, and copy the textures from the Global\ScaleRail\Textures folder to your route's Textures folder.

Cheers!
Marc

Scale Roads Beta 1.75 IS the latestbbuild, isn't it? I just downloaded it and installed it yesterday, and I've had this problem. I did copy the textures into my route's texture folder. Also, I noticed something when I installed Scale Rail. I could never find exactly where the shape files went. What folder do the Scale Rail shapes end up in?

Also, since I installed the Scale Roads yesterday, my route whose name won't be mentioned here suddenly started having all sorts of missing Scale Roads texture files, not that I care too much since I now have a much better replacement route for this one anyway. It still kind of worries me though...

#5 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(PerryPlatypus @ Jan 24 2010, 10:42 AM) View Post
Also, since I installed the Scale Roads yesterday, my route whose name won't be mentioned here suddenly started having all sorts of missing Scale Roads texture files, not that I care too much since I now have a much better replacement route for this one anyway. It still kind of worries me though...

Install the Surfliner texture update I uploaded many moons ago. I believe you'll find it in the route support area.

Cheers!
Marc

#6 PerryPlatypus

PerryPlatypus

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jan 24 2010, 11:47 AM) View Post

Install the Surfliner texture update I uploaded many moons ago. I believe you'll find it in the route support area.

Cheers!
Marc

That fixed the Surfliner, but now I have a bigger problem. My route that I was building now has a "Track Database failed to load" error!!! Also a "Road Database Read Failed"!!! sad.gif mad.gif Can I undo this??? I have a feeling I may have trashed my route! Route Riter Integrity Check brings up a load of missing track files. Hopefully I can take the Global folder from my other computer and undo what I've done.

#7 PerryPlatypus

PerryPlatypus

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:09 PM

Never mind, turned out it was something else that I did. Thank goodness I backed up my route beforehand!

#8 PerryPlatypus

PerryPlatypus

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

Several people I talked to ran into the same issues as I have been. A friend of mine recommended taking some texture files with similar names and renaming them to fit the missing textures. This worked for most of them. But there is still one more that I can't find that has another file with a similar name. I can't find a replacement for "Sr_Road_City_2L_Misc2.ace". I believe this is the last file I need a renamed version of. Does anybody know of a file that is the same with a different name?

For example, there were errors asking for "SR_Road_City_Curb.ace" which I didn't have, so I fixed it by making a copy of the closest thing, "SR_Road_Curb1.ace" and renaming the copy to "SR_Road_City_Curb.ace". This didn't look right, so I instead used "SR_Road_City_Curb.ace" I had to make similar copies of this file for the different types of roads, and I did the same procedure with "SR_Road_Guard.ace".

Once I've found all of the missing textures, I'll post a list of the missing files in case you could make an update.

(yes i know, triple post wacko.gif )

#9 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:11 AM

I guess I'll have to do an update anyway, as I see none of the "misc" files made it into the last upload. The one you're looking for has no equivalent, as it's a left-turn lane. Other "misc" files would work, but as I said above, none had made it into the last build.

Cheers!
Marc

#10 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:55 AM

OK, this may take a while, and the resulting textures will be somewhat different than what's in the package now. The original roads had fairly dark, almost fresh, asphalt as their base, and the ones I did for RailWorks are much better, as they look more worn and natural. What I'll do is tinker with a set of shapes and upload a small beta for everyone to try - possibly as early as today. Once those shapes check out, I'll move on to the next group, and then to the next until all shapes have been successfully updated.

Cheers!
Marc

#11 NorthernElectric

NorthernElectric

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

Thank you Marc. That will be greatly appreciated.

#12 nat

nat

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

Yeah Marc, thanks. It'll really help us people who use scale roads.

#13 SAR704

SAR704

Dispatcher

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:18 PM

Thanks for getting on to this Marc. Scaleroads is a very user friendly addon, in spite of the odd hiccups, and the only road system I've really used all that extensively throughout the years.

#14 nat

nat

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

Hey Marc, any news on the small Scale Roads Beta yet?

#15 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

When it's ready. wink.gif