Photo

Ohio Rail car spawner

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 pensfan

pensfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

Hello, I just purchased the Ohio Rail route and have a problem running the batch file to apply newer cars for the car spawner. I am running VISTA and have MSTS in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator location. I've tried running the batch file from the Routes folder, and the Ohio Rails folder under (start-Programs). The batch file takes less than a second to run and no changes are observed after running. I'm thinking this is a Vista problem. Any ideas? Al

#2 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

Al, you're gonna have to help me out here. I've looked through all my Ohio Rail folders and can't find the car spawner upgrade for Ohio Rail you're speaking of. I remember there was one for Canton, do you mean that one? Rich

#3 uli

uli

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:28 AM

Al,

it is a Vista problem. You may find a solution is this thread: http://forums.flight...ad.php?t=280545

Rich,

Al is talking about the batch files that came with the original Ohio Rail route. With those batch files you could swap the carspawner cars from "modern" to "vintage" and vice versa.

Uli

#4 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:51 AM

Thanks Uli, I appreciate your clearing that up for me. It's been so long I've forgotten my own route! :wacko: - Rich G

#5 pensfan

pensfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:44 AM

Al,

it is a Vista problem. You may find a solution is this thread: http://forums.flight...ad.php?t=280545
Uli

Uli,
Thanks for the response. I tried the ideas from the above thread but to no avail. I could just manually edit the carspawn, (it's been awhile since I did that), or just leave it go. I recall when I installed the freware version (build 10) it asked me if I wanted old or new cars. I could reinstall and pick new cars when prompted. Anyway, I am just getting my feet wet with this route. So far I really like what I see!

Al

#6 pensfan

pensfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

I got it to work. When trying the above steps, I made the changes to the administrator (me) setting only. It did not work. After trying it again, I noticed my user setting was not changed. I made the above changes to my user and the batch file worked. Bottom line: I had to change the security settings for the Train Simulator folder for both the administrator and my user. Wow! Computers sure make life easy...