Photo

What is in the pipeline?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 brucek

brucek

Brakeman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:02 AM

A Happy New Year to all and sundry at 3DTrains. May 2010 be all that you wish for.

I'm just curious as to what may be in the works - particularly if it is a new route.
Anything that we might look forward to seeing this year, Marc?

Regards from Down Under,
Bruce

#2 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:27 AM

Happy New Year, Bruce! smile.gif

I'm currently working on rollingstock to add to the new ATSF F-Unit set released for RW, and from there more locomotives. As for routes, the Yosemite Valley is one that I hope to release this year, plus another in the wings yet to be announced. smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#3 nat

nat

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

So is everything going to be for RW from now on Marc?

#4 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

Pretty much, yes - far too many limitations in MSTS to keep me interested, and RW opened up too many doors for me to return to the dark ages. However, I would like to see what develops over the next year with ORTS, as well as what RS.com have planned for the big RW update expected next month (at least I believe it's supposed to be next month).

Cheers!
Marc

#5 brucek

brucek

Brakeman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jan 5 2010, 6:43 PM) View Post
.....- far too many limitations in MSTS to keep me interested, and RW opened up too many doors for me to return to the dark ages. ....
Thanks for the info, Marc.
I'm not a Rail Works fan - nor the one that gave birth to it - so I guess I'll be looking at having your excellent Feather River as my final purchase from 3DTrains. sad.gif

So thank you enormously for the fun you've given me over the past ten years. 3DTrains has added an amazing amount of enjoyment to my MSTS experience.

Bruce

#6 delamate

delamate

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE(brucek @ Jan 7 2010, 12:35 AM) View Post

Thanks for the info, Marc.
I'm not a Rail Works fan - nor the one that gave birth to it - so I guess I'll be looking at having your excellent Feather River as my final purchase from 3DTrains. sad.gif

So thank you enormously for the fun you've given me over the past ten years. 3DTrains has added an amazing amount of enjoyment to my MSTS experience.

Bruce

I'm afraid I am in the same category. I have tried RS, but lack of good scenarios and limitations on creating scenarios have driven me away. Thanks very much for the fine MSTS products.

John DeLamater

#7 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

Looks like a new scenario editor is in the works:

http://railsimulator...io-editing.html

Cheers!
Marc

#8 Silenoz

Silenoz

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:49 AM

Hmmm that is not good...I don't like railworks/RS too....The physics of the trains and the general feeling is like driving a toy train...pff...Not to mention that stupid sounds of the ES44 and SD40-2 at the Cajon add-on... wacko.gif

#9 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:27 AM

Audio is a tricky thing to get right. However, given the right sounds, and that RW supports 44Khz sample rates, I have full confidence that the sim will soon be an outstanding platform in both graphics, physics and audio. In the meantime, we'll continue to modeling for it. wink.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#10 GaryG

GaryG

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jan 22 2010, 9:08 AM) View Post

I have full confidence that the sim will soon be an outstanding platform in both graphics, physics and audio.Cheers!
Marc

Hi Marc

I certainly hope you are correct in the physics and audio assumptions. The graphics are fine in MYHO but they blew it with the audio and the physics, not even close to reality unless you're simulating a model railroad; we can already do that with another sim. I don't think I've even fired up RailWorks for over one month.

In the meantime, if I want to handle a train that approaches real world effects, I'll stick with MSTS for now and cross my fingers about ORTS so I can progress with my existing routes and equipment.

GaryG

#11 micaelcorleone

micaelcorleone

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

Hey 3D Trains-Team,

railsimulator.com announced in their christmas showcase that there'll be the Genesis to come in some time.
So my question is if you are the developers of this loco? biggrin.gif
Just thought of that because you already have done a Amtrak GE P42DC for MTS.

Would be very nice if we could see this loco and some superliner equipment from you. cool.gif

Greetings,
Timm

#12 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

I'm not sure who's creating the Genesis loco, but I do know that it isn't us.

Cheers!
Marc

#13 nat

nat

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(micaelcorleone @ Sep 30 2010, 8:34 AM) View Post

Just thought of that because you already have done a Amtrak GE P42DC for MTS.

Greetings,
Timm

No, that was not 3D Trains who made the P42s. That was 3D Train Stuff not 3DTrains. Two different company's buddy.

#14 micaelcorleone

micaelcorleone

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

Hey 3D-Team,

what we really need for railworks are the good old searchlight signals. Maybe you could do these and release them as a "ScaleSignal" pack? smile.gif
US&S Searchlight Signals
IPB Image

#15 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(micaelcorleone @ Oct 16 2010, 8:05 AM) View Post

Hey 3D-Team,

what we really need for railworks are the good old searchlight signals. Maybe you could do these and release them as a "ScaleSignal" pack? smile.gif
US&S Searchlight Signals
IPB Image

Those have all come down out here in Illinois on the Mendota sub.The BNSF has installed and is now using the LED style lights, all new styles and all new locations. The have turned all the lights on the signal bridges and removed all of the ones on masts and turned on the new PTC system.

#16 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:46 PM

So that's what's happening! I just traveled through the Pacific Northwest and saw all these signals turned away from the track. Now I know......