Photo

Returning to MSTS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 KenC.

KenC.

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

biggrin.gif After being away from MSTS for three years( because of upgrading my computer) what a surprise to find out that a Route was built not five miles from my home. I live just over the mountain from the Feather River Canyon Route,and grew up with some of its history. My great Uncle and Aunt operated the Tobin Lodge that was owned by Western Pacific Rail Road as a Crew Barracks and Fishing Lodge for the Big Wigs, from where-ever. When President Roosevelt took the Train out west to visit San Francisco my Uncle wired ahead up the line, and told them if they wanted some fresh Trout to stop at Tobin and he would have some ready. They actually stopped and picked up the fish and of course the Cook thanked him for his effort(pleasure). I can't thank you enough for putting together this route. The route loaded up and darned near blew me away. I do have a question about Hazards(Deer or people)not showing up. My system is Vista Home Premium 64bit, so I am not sure if it is that or you chose not to put them in. Is any one talking about extending the 4th sup to the North to Klamath Falls. Thank You KenC.

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Hi Ken,

There's only a few people objects scattered around. As for deer hazards, I don't believe Nalle added these to the final. No plans to expand the route at this time.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

Hi Ken and welcome back to MSTS!

Seems more and more folk are getting back into MSTS. Cool. cool.gif

#4 KenC.

KenC.

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ Dec 2 2009, 8:03 PM) View Post

Hi Ken,

There's only a few people objects scattered around. As for deer hazards, I don't believe Nalle added these to the final. No plans to expand the route at this time.

Cheers!
Marc

Thanks for the quick response. I have been adding Activities and fine tuning the Routes. The last time I used MSTS I had no idea all the different things you can learn to do. With many thanks to you and all of the Forums out there that support us dummies. KenC

#5 KenC.

KenC.

Track Layer

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE(laming @ Dec 2 2009, 8:35 PM) View Post

Hi Ken and welcome back to MSTS!

Seems more and more folk are getting back into MSTS. Cool. cool.gif

Andre, thank you for the Welcome back and apologize for not sending this sooner than this. I have a hard time getting my head out of the Feather River Canyon Route. Happy Holiday's to all KenC.

#6 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:41 AM

Ken:

I understand about not getting your head out of the 3rd Sub ... Yesterday I had a day off and spent it exploring the Subdivision. The folks at 3DTrains really deserve a round of applause.