Photo

Digital Rails?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 shawnbecher

shawnbecher

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:13 PM

In the past, I paid for both Mosaic and DEMEX. I haven't been active in MSTS for a while now, but I'm getting back into it for another small project. Last time I re-loaded my system, I didn't reload my MSTS stuff, and now it would seem that I have the installation files for both programs, but I don't have my registration codes. Any ideas on how I would re-obtain that information? It looks like their site is pretty much done. Thanks in advance for the help.

#2 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:06 AM

Hi Shawn,

Do you not have any of the emails when you first purchased the products?

I feel your pain - I'm looking to upgrade my O/S in a few months, and I'm busy making lists of what to save from the registry, as I lost most email prior to Oct 2008. Some things are already gone due to my last O/S install.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 shawnbecher

shawnbecher

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

Unfortunately I am unable to find them. I had 3 email addresses back then, and thought I consolidated it all into one, but I must have missed some items sad.gif

#4 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

Anything from dem_ex (AT) hotmail (DOT) com?

Cheers!
Marc

#5 shawnbecher

shawnbecher

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

Unfortunately not sad.gif

#6 USRailFan

USRailFan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:19 PM

Did you pay via paypal? If so i think info such as order numbers etc get stored in PayPal?

#7 shawnbecher

shawnbecher

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:26 AM

Unfortunately I did not. I just used my credit card.

#8 USRailFan

USRailFan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(shawnbecher @ Nov 21 2009, 3:07 PM) View Post

Unfortunately I did not. I just used my credit card.

Looks like you're out of luck then... Unless the order number can somehow be found in the credit card printouts - although I don't think the credit card companies store those more than half a year or so?

#9 shawnbecher

shawnbecher

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE(USRailFan @ Nov 21 2009, 8:39 AM) View Post

Looks like you're out of luck then... Unless the order number can somehow be found in the credit card printouts - although I don't think the credit card companies store those more than half a year or so?

I was only able to go back 2 years on my credit card online. That sucks, I was really looking forward to making another route sad.gif

#10 shawnbecher

shawnbecher

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

I spoke too soon. I was digging through my email again, and found the email when I joined their forums. It was from info [at] digital-rails [dot] com. I searched my email for that and found it buried in about 20 attachments stuck to an email from when I was consolidating my email addresses! I'm so excited now! biggrin.gif Thanks for the nudge in the right direction gang!

#11 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:37 AM

Great to hear, Shawn. smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#12 NorthernWarrior

NorthernWarrior

Brakeman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:02 AM

Sorry to bump this but in a similar boat.

I managed to download the latest (freeware) version last year via a backdoor link off TS.com. At the time there was a skeleton site for Digital Rails which still had the SW Reg link. I was quite happy to pay again, but not really sure I could trust a link from a half dead site with no support if the code didn't work. So I left it at that.

Due to ongoing disillusion with RW (subject for another thread) I decided to see if MSTS still offers something to satisfy my route building wishes. However the Digital Rails site is now gone altogether, replaced by a domain placeholder message. So I guess access to the full version is now gone.

Does beg the question why, if they are abandoning the programme, the author/publisher as a gesture didn't upload an unlocked version to the file libraries for those who might want to still build MSTS routes and use Distant Mountains.

TS Tools isn't really an option for terrain as it doesn't function under Vista other than for very basic marker placement.

So I guess it's stick it out with RW (or Trainz).

#13 charlie

charlie

Fireman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE(NorthernWarrior @ Jul 23 2010, 6:43 AM) View Post
I managed to download the latest (freeware) version last year via a backdoor link off TS.com. At the time there was a skeleton site for Digital Rails which still had the SW Reg link. I was quite happy to pay again, but not really sure I could trust a link from a half dead site with no support if the code didn't work. So I left it at that.

SWREG is reported to be working, but I left you more detail and perhaps an alternate for your altitude question here.
http://forums.uktrai...312529#p1312529

regards,
charlie