Photo

Ohio rails rolling stock

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Glenn Blum

Glenn Blum

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

Since I picked up East Metro I reinstalled the Ohio Rails route and the upgrade. However I dont recall where I can get all the rolling stock. Where can I find all the locomotives and rolling stock for the Ohio rails route? Thanks, Glenn

#2 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

Most of it was stored over at avsim.com. They were hacked and have since restored their library when it was lost. I haven't kept up with the situation so I don't know if all the rollingstock contributed for Ohio Rail still exists but that's where the builk of it was kept. Rich

#3 Hawk

Hawk

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:23 AM

There's some over at my site.

http://hawkdawg.com/MSTS/rts/or.htm

#4 Glenn Blum

Glenn Blum

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

Hawk, I picked up the rolling stock from your website. I guess a new theme in Ohio Rails will come about. Its 2009 and the economy is way down and so the railroads of Ohio River and Western and WV&O had to murge to keep alive. Or I may have to take a few of Mr. Cowens Kits and run some generic repaints of a new railroad. It has been a long time since I had the Ohio Rails installed but after picking up east metro prompted me to reinstall Ohio Rails. This may get interesting. Glenn

#5 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:47 AM

The best guys to contact for the Ohio Rail was OVS virtual railroad but I don't think they are around anymore. If they are you'd get some ideas from those guys as well. They ran all my routes IRC. - Rich

#6 banks2

banks2

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:12 PM

Rich, any idea whats going on over there ? Spin isn't really active in the new forum .. Dave

#7 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:18 PM

No, I haven't kept up with those guys for some time but I'm sure when they have something substantive to say, they'll let folks know. Rich

#8 Spin

Spin

Motorman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:29 PM

We're still here. www.or4c.com/OVSTS

#9 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

*scratching head* I kinda remember OVS having a whole lot more forums and sections and people and things, what happened? :unsure:

#10 Spin

Spin

Motorman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:16 PM

We went to a new host with a lot more storage, and started over with a new modern forum. The forum "collapses", there are several sub-sections in each section, and sub-sections in some of them. It's a new option. I kind of like it, more compact. Not all of the sections were being used in the old one, and I didn't add them to the new one. The only problem is on this host, the forum is in a "protected folder", which we're trying to get around so we can change the colors, add logos, and stuff like that. We combined some of the divisions too, to get back to the old rivalry built into Ohio Rail.