Photo

Fort Kent Progress #5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:42 PM

Thanks Sharon I hope you like the route. smile.gif

Here's the lastest addition to Fort Kent while I relearn 3d Canvas. This building is a close replica of the one actually in this vicinity. I'm still workin' the scene some. - Rich

Attached File  ftkent74.jpg   196.66KB   157 downloads

#22 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

Just fer you folk who are wondering how easy it is to bring a TSM model into 3d Canvas, here's one. This home originally was made during the making of Thompson (module of Canton). The first shot of it is untextured. The second shot is from 3d Canvas a bit modified and almost done except I want to add some gutters. Wasn't trouble at all. - Rich

Attached File  home1.jpg   27.01KB   75 downloads

Attached File  home1b.jpg   88.62KB   68 downloads

#23 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:41 PM

In game shots...

Attached File  ftkent75.jpg   163.24KB   145 downloads

Attached File  ftkent76.jpg   194.46KB   141 downloads

This pic shows the completed building in a close-up

Attached File  ftkent77.jpg   170.13KB   76 downloads

Rich G

#24 MMA47

MMA47

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

Hey Rich. One thing I have noticed in the pics you have here is that there is much more variant in the newness and styles of the houses in Fort Kent as opposed to Eagle Lake. Only rich people live in Eagle Lake, so they have very fancy and very modern homes overlooking the river. In Fort Kent the houses are much older and more in the line of houses built in the late 19th or early 20th centuries. You know, two stories, clapboards, old paint, etc etc etc!! Just thought you would like to know that. There are a lot of really fancy log homes or should I say, log mansions in Eagle Lake.
Just thought you might like to know that as well. Two totally different classes of people! My French Canadian ancestors came from Fort Kent and I wouldn't doubt that the house my grandfather was born in is still being used today!

Anyway, great work, as you always do. The vegetation looks very good in particular. There are mostly Fir, Pine, Spruce and Hemlock trees in that part of the country but there are a lot of Alder, Oak and Maple trees there as well. And the trees come right out to the road in some areas. Or nearly to it.

Well, I will try to email you tomorrow. Today was just too frustrating for me. Couldn't get either one of my trainsims (see frustrated post in Railworks area of the forum!) to work, so I decided to take a nap after all of that nonsense.

Take care and nice work. Just hope I will be able to use Railworks so I can get the route when you are done with it. Doesn't look promising, however. sad.gif

Tim

#25 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

Past few days have been taken up with slapping on new paint, textures and fixtures onto my old Suddenly Chemicals (2004) to give a new look for Fort Kent. - Rich

Attached File  chem1.jpg   74.2KB   144 downloads

Attached File  chem2.jpg   79.91KB   148 downloads

#26 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

And in the route...

Attached File  ftkent80.jpg   120.36KB   135 downloads

#27 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

'bout time you got some doors on them houses. tongue.gif

#28 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:05 AM

new pics added to web page

Fort Kent web page

Rich

#29 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

I've added a slideshow feature to the Fort Kent page. Scroll down to below the Fort Kent promo pics to see a preview of the Fort Kent to Eagle Lake route in winter. You need to click on the slideshow thumbnail to access the slideshow.

Fort Kent web page

Rich

#30 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

1/22 A new slideshow has been added to the Fort Kent page. Scroll down to below the Fort Kent promo pics to see the Fort Kent to Eagle Lake route in development. 16 captioned pics.

Fort Kent web page

Rich

#31 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:52 PM

Outstanding detail, Rich. The screen shots look terrific! smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc