Photo

Feather River animation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Challenger3967

Challenger3967

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

Some of you have wondered about how to do the Feather River animation. If you run the CZ introduction activity it will show you. First, you must pull forward at about 2 mph to the first signal just west of the Portola station. Below the signal, you will see two smaller signals. They are, at first, difficult to see because they are colored "lunar". The guidance instructions tell you to hold the "t" key until the signals change from lunar to purple. Then briefly tap the shift key and release the "t" key. Pull forward at 2 mph and you will get the car washer animation.

Now, I also want to extend my thanks to the big kahuna for developing such a scenic route. I love the camera which allows you to see the enitre train. This is a very scenic route and you guys nailed the skies. No need to run Kosmos. I will talk up this route on the O Gauge forum as O Gaugers await delivery by Atlas of the scale California Zephyr. Great job 3D trains. I earlier had problems in getting the activities to work but this was solved by uninstalling MSTS and also clicking the uninstal for MSTS Bin in the MSTS folder before uninstalling MSTS. I then did a fresh instal of MSTS and then WP3 and had no problems.

Suggestions for improvement of a near perfect program - better dome car interior. Better AI trains in the meets on activities.

Otherwise, I am so pleased with this route I am tempted to get a new computer with Windows 7 and 8 megs of RAM.

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the kind words, but kudos should go to both Nalle and Rick, as they're responsible for the majority of the FRC route. I was just their helper. smile.gif

As for the short comings on the passenger equipment (re: dome car), that one falls squarely on my lap. I've been meaning to do an update, but I've been mostly lazy. blush.gif

Cheers!
Marc