Photo

scalerail 1.75

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 johnwatto

johnwatto

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

Sir

I have down loaded the ScaleRail 1.75(Beta) version for the AU SA MID North Barossa route
for MSTS, I have followed the instuctions, but i get an error when i load the route.

Missing Textures for the route SR_ROAD_RURAL_2LC.ACE And SR_ROAD_HIWAY_GUARD.ACE

And the following global Shape files begining with :-

SR_SR_RURAL_2LCRV_100R10D.S
SR_RURAL_2LCRV_0100R05D.S
SR_RURAL_2LCRV_0100R01D.S
SR_RURAL_2LCRV_0040R22_5D.S
SR_RURAL_2LCRV_0250R01D.S
SR_HIWAY_4LSTR_010M.S
SR_HIWAY_4LSTR_100M.S
SR_HIWAY_4LSTR_050M.S
And there are others missing, but if i can find the ones listed the others should be with them.

I am running Vista 64bit

Please could you tell me were these files are located.

Regards John Watkins

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(johnwatto @ Oct 18 2009, 9:50 PM) View Post
I have down loaded the ScaleRail 1.75(Beta) version for the AU SA MID North Barossa route
for MSTS, I have followed the instuctions, but i get an error when i load the route.

Hi John,

Not sure what to tell you about the textures - they're up to the author to include with the route. With your SR install, however, you'll find copies in the Global\ScaleRail folder of your MSTS install. Just copy/paste from there to the route's Texture folder.

As for the shapes, I installed v1.75 and the newer 1.76, and seem to be OK. Try the latest upload and see if that solves things.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 nat

nat

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ Oct 19 2009, 1:52 AM) View Post

As for the shapes, I installed v1.75 and the newer 1.76, and seem to be OK. Try the latest upload and see if that solves things.

Sorry Marc, I must be a huge pest but I'm obsessed with Scalerail. But is the version 1.76 available to the public?

-Nathan

#4 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

1.75 is the latest. I was thinking about the new ScaleRoad build, but it too is now at 1.75.

Cheers!
Marc

#5 dcarleton

dcarleton

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

Marc:

I installed that same route, and the same build of Scale Road Beta, and had the same difficulty as described above.

Those two files, SR_ROAD_RURAL_2LC.ACE and SR_ROAD_HIWAY_GUARD.ACE, are not included with the route; and both the route builders and others who have installed that route say that they do not have those files and the route runs just fine. That appears to indicate that they have versions of the Scale Road shapes that the gentleman listed which do not call for those particular textures. Possibly from an earlier build of Scale Rail Beta?

The two textures listed above are not included in Scale RailBeta 1.75, at least not in the copy I downloaded earlier this week. So instead I partially corrected the problem by using textures from Feather River for those pieces, since Feather River was the only route I had which included those two files. Only trouble is - the rural scale road textures included with that route are very bleached in appearance and the ones from Feather River look like cracked asphalt. So, we'll just say that there was no money to resurface the entire road and they had to do it in strips. Or, if there is no other way to correct that, then I'll just repave the roads the rest of the way by using more textures from Feather River.

David Carleton

#6 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

Hi David,

The guard texture is indeed in the build - I just checked. Just copy and rename as needed (I'll fix it later). blush.gif

- SR_Road_Guard.ace
- SR_Road_Guard1.ace

As for the 1_SR_Road_Rural_2LC.ace, simply make a copy of the 1_SR_Road_Rural_2L.ace until I can get another build together. It's likely that some road model test files got mixed in with the beta (might have been from the FRC as you say) that called for the "C" texture. You can also make a copy of one of the guard textures above...The HIWAY version is old.

Cheers!
Marc