Photo

Scale Rail Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 CRQ5508

CRQ5508

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:32 PM

Marc, or anyone else that may know. I'm going through a route, converting it to scale rail. Everything worked out fine, for the most part. The issue(s) I'm having are not because of dynamic track, but because of pieces of scale rail that don't exist. I understand that you've stepped away from producing more track pieces for Scale Rail, but what I'm wondering is, can I use multiple pieces to substitute for one? For instance, a 75m straight section doesn't exist, so could I use, say, a 50m and a 25m section?

Thanks.

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:31 AM

If you're converting a route, you'll have a tough time stitching-in the two pieces unless to specifically edit within RE.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 CRQ5508

CRQ5508

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:51 AM

That's the plan, Marc. I did the base conversion using the method explained by Joseph Realmuto; save for a few straight sections and a couple 45d switches, everything worked. Now I just have to find out what to do about those switches....

#4 nat

nat

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

Hack, do you think you could make a "Automatic" Varient of the "SR_1tSwt_w_im03dR/L_Ext.s Switches? Because all that are available are the "Manual" Varients, do you think you can make a second shape that can be replaced with the one that is currently available?