Photo

Both trains meet each other on same tracks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 cn bala

cn bala

Brakeman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:28 PM

I started to create a simple activity with one player train and one AI train on one of the payware route. Had no problem to create a player train also one AI train too. And I did put " Begin passing path " for a player train to go into the siding to let an AI train go by. But for some reasons both trains meet each other at their red signals on the same tracks. I thought that the player train go into siding but something isn't right what I did? I have followed the instructions how to create an simple activity to start to see if I can do it or not? Look forward to see the answer about this.

John

#2 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

Registered Ferroequinologist

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(cn bala @ Sep 9 2009, 6:09 PM) View Post

I started to create a simple activity with one player train and one AI train on one of the payware route. Had no problem to create a player train also one AI train too. And I did put " Begin passing path " for a player train to go into the siding to let an AI train go by. But for some reasons both trains meet each other at their red signals on the same tracks. I thought that the player train go into siding but something isn't right what I did? I have followed the instructions how to create an simple activity to start to see if I can do it or not? Look forward to see the answer about this.

John

Both the Player and the AI have to have passing paths at the same siding, and you have to define the passing path on the Player path before the one on the AI path. I usually follow the Player path as I start building an activity, and set all the sidings for passing. That way, as I add player trains, I can indicate passing paths for each one, and they will sort themselves out as the activity progresses.
Another suggestion. Don't run the AI's from end-to-end. Even though the graphics aren't being generated until just before they come into view, the game has to keep track of all the AI's. It's better to run the activity with just the player and time your train thru the various sidings, then add the AI's. If you add an AI that causes a significant delay for the player, you may have to re-time the following AI's.

#3 GaryG

GaryG

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

Make sure that the starting point has enough signals between the AI starting point and the siding so the path can be set properly. This also applied to the Player train.

Visualize the siding switch was showing a Stop indication. Move as many blocks away that the AI would see a Clear and that's how far away I would start the AI train. Keep in mind that the starting point locates the rear of the train, not the front; it must be far enough away that the AI has not passed that starting signal. The starting signal I would use would also be an absolute rather than a Permissive or Restrictive.

GaryG

#4 kevarc

kevarc

Commissioner

• Lone Wolf Activities
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:43 AM

Did you go through the path segment by segment and check the use optional paths box?