Photo

Is that nice Mr. Garber around?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wikkus

Wikkus

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:21 PM

I'll settle for the grouchy one if not biggrin.gif

Just saw that R&C has made its way into Railworks via Steam -- congratulations! At least, I hope that's the correct sentiment wink.gif

Has anything changed between the original RS-flavoured release and this 'new' one?

Cheers, Rik.

#2 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

Sure, I'm around, been posting a pic or two of the new route I've been working on. smile.gif

Thanks, I wasn't aware the R&C was being sold on Steam already but I did know it was going to happen. Is there a difference? There's small differences, depending how you look at it. They did clean up the manual so it didn't refer to the issues I brought up when I first released the R&C. The R&C was for people like me who were curious back then what a NA route would look like in Rail Simulator. I was pretty skeptical of Rail Simulator when I began the R&C and after a couple of weeks I warmed up to it pretty good. The manual I wrote was written in that vein as skeptic turned fan. As for the route itself I think they altered the scenarios so that they end properly. Both the R&C and C&N suffered in the sense that I gerry-rigged endings because I didn't know at the time why my scenarios weren't ending as I would have liked. So for both routes I think they fixed it so you the scenarios end more smoothly. I believe that's all that's different. But these are not upgraded routes at all; same thing.

Rich

#3 Wikkus

Wikkus

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(rgarber @ Sep 5 2009, 1:37 AM) View Post

Sure, I'm around, been posting a pic or two of the new route I've been working on. smile.gif

Thanks, I wasn't aware the R&C was being sold on Steam already but I did know it was going to happen. Is there a difference? There's small differences, depending how you look at it. <snip-o-tage> So for both routes I think they fixed it so you the scenarios end more smoothly. I believe that's all that's different. But these are not upgraded routes at all; same thing.

Thank you for clarifying, kind sir. I like the 'open-ended' nature, meself biggrin.gif

Just one quickie; I noticed that the sky in both my original R&C and C&N appear to be suffering the Chicken Licken effect now they're in RW and look as though the dome has teetered over onto its edge... Did I miss a trick here?

Cheers, Rik.

#4 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

Rik,

Do you mean Chicken Little? blush.gif At the bottom of your Colton & Northern receipt you have a link to the R&C scenario upgrade. That will fix the R&C skies. As for the C&N skies, you shouldn't be experiencing any difficulty with it. I do know of one guy who had to restart RW to see them work properly though. If you are still having issues contact me directly and include some snapshots ( I use printscrn then open my paint program and click on the copy from clipboard option).

Rich

#5 Wikkus

Wikkus

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(rgarber @ Sep 7 2009, 7:28 PM) View Post

Rik,

Do you mean Chicken Little? blush.gif

Umm... probably...

{Googles...} Ahh.. uhh, yes rolleyes.gif

Maybe it was a sub-concious desire for some fried chicken...? Spaghetti Bolognese did the trick, tho smile.gif

At the bottom of your Colton & Northern receipt you have a link to the R&C scenario upgrade. That will fix the R&C skies. As for the C&N skies, you shouldn't be experiencing any difficulty with it.

...check...

I do know of one guy who had to restart RW to see them work properly though. If you are still having issues contact me directly and include some snapshots ( I use printscrn then open my paint program and click on the copy from clipboard option).

Many thanks, Rich... All fixed now -- still getting some odd flickering on some textures, but I see that in other routes, too, so must be an Nvidia thing there. Skies are looking suitably blue and wispy wink.gif

Off to switch some coal wagons about the plant smile.gif

Cheers, Rik.

#6 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:04 PM

Hi Rik,

The flickering on the textures is mine. These are MSTS conversions and there's just enough difference how the textures are handled that it causes a flicker.

Rich G