Photo

Marc, Are you aware of this?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 GG1-2332

GG1-2332

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:00 PM

Marc, While at the the Mophouse, I found this advertisement at the top of the page, MSTS Surfliner
Get a copy of the Surfliner Expansion pack. XP & Vista OK
www.store.benjenonline.com
Here is the product description page: http://www.benjenonl...p;products_id=5 . I was wondering if they contacted you and you are selling it again in partnership. It is $49.99 and the only Microsoft Train Simulator offering on the site. I don't think Frank or Ken knew they were selling it. I hope it is legal!!! F.Y.I. I already own it. I received it both by download and CD, since I pre-ordered.

#2 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:41 AM

IIRC, the guy who owns the site bought a dozen or so copies from another vendor. He is now trying to sell off the remaining copies to recoup costs. Cheers! Marc

#3 GG1-2332

GG1-2332

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

IIRC, the guy who owns the site bought a dozen or so copies from another vendor. He is now trying to sell off the remaining copies to recoup costs.

Cheers!
Marc

Marc, Did you give him permission? If so, I'm glad that you aren't getting screwed over again!!! Incidentally, You made a lot of people very happy releasing all the Locos and stock, that originally came with THAT version of the PS.

#4 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

Marc, Did you give him permission?

Yes - I figured why should he get screwed for something he had no part in?

Cheers!
Marc

#5 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

Marc, Did you give him permission? If so, I'm glad that you aren't getting screwed over again!!! Incidentally, You made a lot of people very happy releasing all the Locos and stock, that originally came with THAT version of the PS.

I agree, and they sure look wonderful on the new Surfliner route from MasterChief! :D

#6 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

I was in error - this is not who I thought it was. The following has been dispatched...

Cheng, Pu
Ben Jen Online
16 Jordanna Court
Bedminster, New Jersey 07921
United States
(908) 741-4429

Re: 3DTrains Software Licensing Agreement - Cease and Desist
Date: July 21, 2009

Notice: This email is being sent to additional undisclosed recipients.

Dear Mr. Cheng,

This letter is in regards to the 3DTrains Software Licensing Agreement (hereinafter LICENSE), specifically in relation to the content contained in Facing Point Media's Pacific Surfliner - v1.0 (hereinafter PRODUCT). A copy of the 3DTrains LICENSE is on public display and can be viewed at the following URL:

http://www.3dtrains.com/license.shtml

The ScaleRail track models and textures (hereinafter SCALERAIL), the locomotives, passenger car models and textures (hereinafter TRAINSETS), as well as any 3DTrains miscellaneous scenery models and textures (hereinafter CONTENT) contained in the PRODUCT are the copyrights of Marc J. Nelson of 3DTrains.

Please be advised that the SCALERAIL and TRAINSETS are not currently authorized by 3DTrains for inclusion in the PRODUCT for sale outside 3DTrains.com.

You are hereby notified to CEASE and DESIST in the sale of the PRODUCT, as well as relinquish all remaining CD-ROM copies of the PRODUCT to 3DTrains, or at our option, to have all remaining copies destroyed by a custodian of the court.

However, 3DTrains, invites you to negotiate terms so that you may comply with the 3DTrains LICENSE. Contact information and addresses can be found on the 3DTrains.com web site.

Upon receipt of this notice, you have 10 days to a) negotiate terms with 3DTrains so that you may comply with the 3DTrains LICENSE; b) remove all SCALERAIL, TRAINSETS, and CONTENT from the PRODUCT, as well as relinquish all remaining CD-ROM copies of the PRODUCT to 3DTrains, or at our option, have all remaining copies of PRODUCT destroyed by a custodian of the court.

Regards,

Marc J. Nelson
3DTrains.com