Photo

Switch List Generator for RailWorks?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 pensfan

pensfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

It has been a long while since I used MSTS, but there was a Switch List Generator program I bought, that generated switching activities. I used this wonderful program with Rich's Canton routes and it worked great. My question is this, can a program like this be made for RailWorks? Seems like the Colton & Northern route would be perfect for this kind a program.

Al

#2 plethaus

plethaus

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(pensfan @ Jun 24 2009, 2:14 PM) View Post

It has been a long while since I used MSTS, but there was a Switch List Generator program I bought, that generated switching activities. I used this wonderful program with Rich's Canton routes and it worked great. My question is this, can a program like this be made for RailWorks? Seems like the Colton & Northern route would be perfect for this kind a program.

Al

I was wondering about this myself. It would be a nice companion tool, that's for sure. Try emailing Skyline Computing directly and asking if they have plans for a Railworks generator. However, I doubt we will see specialized programs like this for RW until it gains more steam (pardon the pun) and more content is released for it.

#3 pensfan

pensfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

Plethaus,

I could not for the life of me, remember who created the program. Thanks.

AL

#4 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

I thought I heard or spoke to Steve some time ago that he was working on something like this but I don't know what ever became of it.

Rich

#5 nbeveridge

nbeveridge

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(rgarber @ Jun 24 2009, 5:20 PM) View Post

I thought I heard or spoke to Steve some time ago that he was working on something like this but I don't know what ever became of it.

Rich

Yes, Steve has looked into creating a Scenario Generator for RS along the lines of Activity Generator (successor to Switchlist Generator) for MSTS. I have spoken to him about this over the last several months. I am currently learning how to create scenarios for RW, and (once I understand how to do it) my intention is to influence Steve into following through with a Scenario Generator for RW. I believe that this tool is feasible, and that it would open up RW to much game play through easy scenario development. Which would lead to more route development. Which would lead to more rolling stock development. Which would lead to more scenario generation. Etc.

#6 pensfan

pensfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

Norman,

This is great news!

Al