Photo

Fort Kent to Eagle Lake

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:55 AM

Truly excellent idea for a route Rich smile.gif

I don't know how many branches or spurs ther might be off the original, but for straight long term operational interest, I would include as many as you can. There isn't anything quite like having something still left to explore even after you have had a route for a year or more. There are parts of Canton that I am still yet to go to (not many, mind you) and on Andre's A&O Sub there is still a limestone quarry that I am saving up for a rainy day.

Sound crazy? Heck no - what gives anything interest and longevity is mystery - keep that mystery there and they will keep coming back.

Anyway - great thoughts Rich, and you are just the guy to do it.

As for Dick's stock being included - really no need is there - RW_Tools swaps out a treat. What would be good though would be a complete set of the "correct" stock for the route - looking forward to those Alcos, and maybe a BL2...

Rod

#22 L&N

L&N

Brakeman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:18 AM

Here is MM&A's website. http://www.mmarail.com/

According to their home page they run 25 trains per day.

Jay

#23 dcarleton

dcarleton

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE(august1929 @ Jun 26 2009, 8:36 AM) View Post

What would be good though would be a complete set of the "correct" stock for the route - looking forward to those Alcos, and maybe a BL2...

Rod

The Bangor and Aroostook did not have any diesels from Alco. If you'd like to do a railroad that had both the Alco Road Switcher and the BL2, try the Boston and Maine.

David Carleton

#24 pensfan

pensfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE(august1929 @ Jun 26 2009, 8:36 AM) View Post

As for Dick's stock being included - really no need is there - RW_Tools swaps out a treat. What would be good though would be a complete set of the "correct" stock for the route - looking forward to those Alcos, and maybe a BL2...

Rod

I disagree. While it is true that RWTools will swap out stock, why do this if appropriate equipment is available and can be included in the route. What better way to encourage more growth in RailWorks than to make available a COMPLETE addon that requires no additional effort to use. The price would be more, but IMHO, the product value would be greater. Just my 2 cents, which in today's economy is worth...

Al

#25 plethaus

plethaus

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(pensfan @ Jun 26 2009, 8:02 AM) View Post

I disagree. While it is true that RWTools will swap out stock, why do this if appropriate equipment is available and can be included in the route. What better way to encourage more growth in RailWorks than to make available a COMPLETE addon that requires no additional effort to use. The price would be more, but IMHO, the product value would be greater. Just my 2 cents, which in today's economy is worth...

Al

Again, I agree with you Al. Not that I don't also understand Rich's points too, but I think that an "all inclusive" add on bodes well for RW. Also nothing is set in stone that he HAS to go to Mr. Cowen for the locos and stuff, I'm sure there are other content creators who could also pitch in really good stuff for the route.

#26 pensfan

pensfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

Plethaus,

I am not favoring one content producer over another, just believe appropriate rollingstock should be included with an increase in price to cover all those involved with the product.

Al

#27 plethaus

plethaus

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(pensfan @ Jun 26 2009, 8:55 AM) View Post

Plethaus,

I am not favoring one content producer over another, just believe appropriate rollingstock should be included with an increase in price to cover all those involved with the product.

Al

Yeah, that's what I meant to say.

#28 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:54 AM

Well, if you two know of somebody creating such a set and will have it ready by the time I'm creating scenarios then please have them contact me as soon as possible and we'll see if we can get something going, okay? smile.gif

Rich

#29 plethaus

plethaus

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE(rgarber @ Jun 26 2009, 9:35 AM) View Post

Well, if you two know of somebody creating such a set and will have it ready by the time I'm creating scenarios then please have them contact me as soon as possible and we'll see if we can get something going, okay? smile.gif

Rich

Do I get royalties if I set this up for you? wink.gif

#30 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

Ya never know! wink.gif