Photo
- - - - -

rail riding

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 sierra38

sierra38

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:27 AM

Howdy Yall,

Courious How many people in here own there own rail speeders? either it be a hand car speeder or a velocopide. Im in the end of paying for my second motor car a Fairfmont M-9G open car it looks beautifull so if you own one show it off so we can see your rail rider here is my new speeder.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Ill have this completly paid off by the first of the month.

Cheer's yall
-Sierra38-

#2 SeanK97

SeanK97

Operations Manager

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:36 AM

Outstanding! What were the original color(s)? Who was the original RR that owned her?

#3 sierra38

sierra38

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:39 AM

Im not certin as to her original colors I do know she is an original CN car. that has been fully restored.

-Sierra38- cool.gif

#4 CRQ5508

CRQ5508

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:56 AM

Very nice. Since you said it was an ex CN it was more than likely 'international orange' like the rest of their speeders with black markings. I've seen a handful of CN speeders and they were all in the same, or nearly the same color.

#5 LooseCannon17

LooseCannon17

Station Clerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:23 AM

Pimp my speeder! smile.gif

That has to be one of the nicest speeders I have seen around. biggrin.gif

#6 TomG

TomG

Dispatcher

• Beta Tester
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:51 PM

I would show my MT19, but this thread wont allow attachments or dynamic images.
Nice Tea Kettle Mike. Wheres your engine cover? Since you live in CA, what runs do you go on? Since McCloud isnt an option anymore, im going to have to expand destinations.

#7 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(TomG @ Jul 28 2009, 5:32 PM) View Post

I would show my MT19, but this thread wont allow attachments or dynamic images.
Nice Tea Kettle Mike. Wheres your engine cover? Since you live in CA, what runs do you go on? Since McCloud isnt an option anymore, im going to have to expand destinations.

Photobucket or equal Tommy Boy, then just add the link wink.gif

#8 sierra38

sierra38

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:32 PM

Well I do live in Amador County and there is a speeder group up here that operates on the old Amador Central line, but there not the firendly type, I have tryed to be firends with them but there a bunch of d***s that care about money and not the railline. I am in the works of getting something from Union Pacific to operate on a portion of there out of use track here in the county and I hope to operate on the old Folsom line towards Latrobe.

hopfully something will happen soon.

-Mike- cool.gif

ADMIN EDIT: please watch the polite euphamisms

#9 TomG

TomG

Dispatcher

• Beta Tester
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

I think you've summed up all the NARCOA sub organizations in Cal. Shame we lost the McCloud to run on. With there being so few places to run in this state, I have given serious consideration to putting my MT19 up for sale.

#10 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

Move to Texas Tom. The shortline I work on now operates on a line owned by Capitol Metro in Austin, Tx. It's an ex SP, well to be more exact, the Texas and New Orleans. Between Fairland, TX and Llano they have a speeder group that runs the rails. Not so sure how frequent, but seeing how there is next to nothing in the way of business that way, I'm sure it happens more often than not.

#11 TomG

TomG

Dispatcher

• Beta Tester
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

I aint movin, but maybe a vacation is in order. wink.gif

#12 sdmcnabb

sdmcnabb

Ticket Inspector

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:34 AM

Saw a couple of speeders running behind the train when I recently rode the new V&T from Carson City to Virginia City, NV. The steam train was a 2-8-0 Baldwin with two passenger cars. The speeders were called the "fire watch"... The V&T ran from August through the end of October on Saturdays only, will run again starting after all the snow in Feb or March, they have a website, just Google V&T Railway. Might be a place to run your speeder?

Steve

#13 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(TomG @ Nov 23 2009, 3:27 PM) View Post

I aint movin, but maybe a vacation is in order. wink.gif

The only way you move is if someone sets your ass on fire laugh.gif

#14 sierra38

sierra38

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:32 AM

my speeder is down right now for carberator cleanup and will be running very soon regadless of weather I need to put some miles on her lol. cool.gif

so Lets see some of your speeder pics yall.

-Michael-

#15 TomG

TomG

Dispatcher

• Beta Tester
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:29 PM

Ok so Im to lazy to st up a photobucket account. actually, i choose not to since i wouldnt use it much and it would be just one more password and logon to remember. So here is a link to Trackside that has my speeder and one of the last trips on the McCloud before they started pulling up tracks.
http://www.trackside...p?showtopic=260

#16 spud

spud

Fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(TomG @ Dec 23 2009, 3:10 PM) View Post

Ok so Im to lazy to st up a photobucket account. actually, i choose not to since i wouldnt use it much and it would be just one more password and logon to remember. So here is a link to Trackside that has my speeder and one of the last trips on the McCloud before they started pulling up tracks.
http://www.trackside...p?showtopic=260

Tom,
would like to see the photo's of your speeder but every time I click the link you provided I get a different page, at least 4-5 different ones and nothing I pick ever comes up with any photo pages just things like the M$ MSTS site or adds for software etc. how about a short HOW TO on how to view your McCloud photos??

#17 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

I believe the domain expired sometime this or last year.

Cheers!
Marc

#18 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Trackside vanished late last year with the domain owner much to busy to attend to there website.

#19 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(milepost56 @ May 31 2012, 6:22 PM) View Post

Trackside vanished late last year with the domain owner much to busy to attend to there website.

Kevin, I believe your signature needs updating. wink.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#20 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ May 31 2012, 8:23 PM) View Post

Kevin, I believe your signature needs updating. wink.gif

Cheers!
Marc

Once I reached 55 things started to slow down a little. I believe an update is in order biggrin.gif