Photo

Small Problem With Chessie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 G10

G10

Fireman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:11 AM

Hi-
Just received the Chessie System CD and the set is quite impressive,

however

Two small problems:

The B&O 3554 ai unit calls the shape file gp35_bo3545.s (line 6) when it should be ...3554.s
and the B&O 7402 unit, I think, needs its lighting posistions double checked. Some of them are a bit off.

But other than that, A Great Set!

#2 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into these issues.

#3 Tattoo

Tattoo

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:57 AM

I just bought this set and I got the same thing. When I open the gp35_bo3554ai.eng file in sview, nothing shows up. I see you them this back in May and I just bought mine in Dec and they didn't do anything about it. Hmm.

I also noticed on the gp35_bo3554 and a few others that the top of the handrail is inside out. That shows up on a few other engines too along with the grab on the hood and sides.

All in all, it's a good set. I think they should put a note about the bad engine since they aren't going to fix the error.

#4 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

It sounds like your installation wasn't completed -- I suggest trying to run the installer again. If you are still having difficulty I will send you the .s file.

#5 Tattoo

Tattoo

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(dekosoft @ Dec 7 2009, 2:33 PM) View Post

It sounds like your installation wasn't completed -- I suggest trying to run the installer again. If you are still having difficulty I will send you the .s file.

Thanks for the offer Chip but I just changed the reference to the correct .s file and it's all good. Although I wouldn't know about the problem if I didn't read forums. Atleast I was able to remedy the problem with minimal effort.
Thanks, I like this engine set...

This is what the first few lines of the gp35_bo3554ai.eng file looks like. The WagonShape is wrong.

SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0D0t______

Wagon ( gp35_bo3554ai
Comment (Dekosoft Trains GP35)
Type ( Engine )
WagonShape ( gp35_bo3545ai.s )
Size ( 3.1m 4.8m 17.1m )
comment( 260000lbs US )
Mass ( 118.36t )
WheelRadius ( 20in )
InertiaTensor ( Box (3.1m 4.8m 17.1m) )