Photo
- - - - -

One's Blessing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 NorthernElectric

NorthernElectric

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

Today in prepartion for the chasing of 844 westward to Oakland/Middle Harbor, I had some fun with a good friend, Frank C. I hope you enjoy the following;

Posted Image

A switch stands guard at Swingle near the Yolo Causway along the Cal-P. This train hit the nearby detector at 59mph.

Posted Image

Pacing 734 out of Davis. Suddenly a Dyna-Cat came into view, so I took advantage of it and incorporated it into this photograph. The train hit the detector at 76mph heading east

Posted Image

A grain train switches cars in Roseville. On the otherside of the yard UP 844 is prepared for tomorrows 106 mile run to Oakland, Ca.

Posted Image

Yes! I had to throw in the transit curve. A Greyhound coach boards passengers at the Roseville Amtrak station.

Posted Image

Roseville was very busy today (when is it not?) and another train comes in (now if I could have waited for Amtrak - not!)

Posted Image

And of course, last but not least, the queen herself, 844 as she is prepped for tomorrow. Damn does she look good!

To Jeff W. and the other Nor-Cal railfans, I look forward to seeing you all in this wonderful chase of "cat and mouse" across the valley and the bay tomorrow. Be safe and have fun!

#2 B32BWH

B32BWH

Engineer Trainee

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

I wont be chasing tomorrow, as i'll be at work. I dont have enough days off this week to be able to steam up the 2472 and chase 844 around.

Check here about why.

http://www.3dtrains....showtopic=16326