Photo
- - - - -

Just another day I suppose...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

Nothing crazy and special to report from this Saturday's trek with Mr. Bradley Linda.

Kind of dull today really, we were rather grateful just to see a pair of SD40-2's switchin' in Teague.
Posted Image

Then there were the shots that weren't anything really to write home about...

Posted Image

I think this is some sort of famous locomotive, not sure, rumor is it pulled the American Freedom Train alongside the SP 4449.

Posted Image

Texas State #201, a 10-wheeler that is a 1901 product of the Cooke Locomotive works, pulls into Palestine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Laying down provided an interesting angle!

Posted Image

My best O. Winston Link impression... Ok not even in the same universe, but loved the end result.

Posted Image

Further down the line...

For the first time, the clouds played nice! They stayed out of the way when we needed them, but blocked the sun when we needed them too!

#2 NorthernElectric

NorthernElectric

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

Nice shots. Love the 201.

#3 Dejoh

Dejoh

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:49 AM

Great pictures. What part of Texas does the 201 run? What kind of schedule?

#4 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:20 AM

This is a part of the Texas State Railroad that runs from Rusk to Palestine, Tx. The railroad is located in East Texas, in the heart of the Piney Woods. I'm unsure about the exact schedule, I just know they run on weekends. BTW, the 201 is one of three steam locomotives that the TSRR operates.

#5 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

Any day that you can record steam is a good day and toss in a snoot nose and what more can you ask for ;)

#6 Major Ursa

Major Ursa

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

I think this is some sort of famous locomotive, not sure, rumor is it pulled the American Freedom Train alongside the SP 4449.

That is Texas and Pacific 610. It did the American Freedom Train duties in Texas in 1976. From you picture there, it looks as if there are some shades from when she did excursion duty for Southern Railway from 1977 to 1980.

#7 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:49 PM

Ursa, lol I was being sarcastic, it was a copy from another forum! There are quite a bit of shades from her AFT days along with a few red and blue rivets. She's a beautiful locomotive that is in near operating condition. A friend of my dad's used to be the head honcho there and gave us quite a tour of the 610, you don't get a feeling for how massive she really is till you are right next to her.

#8 bktrains

bktrains

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:57 PM

Nice shots Kyle. I can remember when me and my parents went to the Texas State RR. We rode behind a different steamer that day, and it was very HOT! But it was cool none the less. And the next day after we rode the train, we visited where the 610 is located and yeah, that thing is massive. I got to get inside the thing to have a look around, and when your up there its a long way to the ground. :wacko: