Photo

Activity Editor Problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 kmanc21

kmanc21

Fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:33 AM

I did the update to the Monon2 route and a couple of the activites won't load due to error messages concerning the services being out of date and to resave them in the Activity Editor. I open the Activity Editor and when I try to open either of the activities with problems the error message again pops up (tywice for each activity) and then the Activity Editor closes, but first I get the error send/don't send box. I have not had problems with the editor previously. Any suggestions about how I might fix the problem.

#2 nlmcm

nlmcm

Conductor

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

Advise exactly what the error messages state, this will aid us better to help you. Clickity-Clack!

#3 kmanc21

kmanc21

Fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

Advise exactly what the error messages state, this will aid us better to help you.

Clickity-Clack!

The message in the editor is "Servce (name of service is here) is out of date. Please re-save this activity to update."

The message appears twice for each service that is out of date and after clicking on the OK button for the final time the error box goes away for approximately 3 seconds and then the Send/Don't Sent error box pops up. When I click on either button the editor then closes.

If it makes any difference I have Train Store and BIN installed.

#4 kevarc

kevarc

Commissioner

• Lone Wolf Activities
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:42 AM

Open the activity in the AE, click on save and the yes to overwrite the old. That's all you need to do.

#5 kmanc21

kmanc21

Fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:07 AM

Open the activity in the AE, click on save and the yes to overwrite the old. That's all you need to do.

Kevin,

The problem is that the activities for the route will not open in AE. There is some progress since the original posts as now the AE does not close but it does stop responding. Activities for other routes will open - it is only the updated Monon2 that is giving me problems.

#6 kevarc

kevarc

Commissioner

• Lone Wolf Activities
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:31 AM

Have you run the activities through Conbuilder or Route Riter to see if there are any errors that may be causing this? Not all errors will give a message before the AE shuts down.

#7 kmanc21

kmanc21

Fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

Have you run the activities through Conbuilder or Route Riter to see if there are any errors that may be causing this? Not all errors will give a message before the AE shuts down.

Thanks to all who replied, but I am waving the white flag on this one and surrendering to the AE. For whatever reason the AE, my system and the Monon2 route will not work together. Very likely another one of those unsolvable MSTS items. I can open any other routes activities in the AE but the Monon 2 activities cause the AE to sieze up. Oh well, just a monor inconvinience to have to click through the message about the service being out of date.

#8 xpdingo

xpdingo

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

Thanks to all who replied, but I am waving the white flag on this one and surrendering to the AE. For whatever reason the AE, my system and the Monon2 route will not work together. Very likely another one of those unsolvable MSTS items. I can open any other routes activities in the AE but the Monon 2 activities cause the AE to sieze up. Oh well, just a monor inconvinience to have to click through the message about the service being out of date.

Try contacting the author Rick Berg, he will look into it for sure.

#9 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

Are all of your routes in the same folder? If you have lots of routes and lots of consists you may be overloading AE. You might have to use something like Train Store to load just that route and just that activity and then try opening it up with AE.

#10 kevarc

kevarc

Commissioner

• Lone Wolf Activities
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:00 AM

Routes just cause the sim to load slowly, it is the number of consists that can make the sim crash.

#11 kmanc21

kmanc21

Fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:19 AM

I am using Train Store and have everything but Monon2 and Ohio Rail stored. As I said, this looks like one of those unexplainable MSTS things that you have to live with.

#12 charliechan

charliechan

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

Good Morning: I had the same problem with 2 activities, but when I clicked continue I was able to get into the editor and resave the two acts. As for the remainder of the acts they all worked fine and I have not had any problems. My suggestion, after running the acts through RR or Conbuilder would be to use Train Store and unstore just one of the acts with nothing else and see if you can load it then. Hope this helps Chandler

#13 steam4me

steam4me

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

Perhaps you could try setting your screen's colour quality to 16-bit: sometimes the AE gets upset by 32-bit color quality.

Right-click desktop | Properties |Display Properties | Settings | Color Quality 16-bit.