Photo

Freight Activity

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brnout2552

Brnout2552

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

I was wondering if someone can teach me about how to create a good freight activity.Since I only knows how to create a passenger activity,I have a hard time about the work order,which often shows timetable instead of my designated work.I'm also wandering about the traffic as well as activity itself since was a two part activity(The first part ask you to assemble the cars,the second part ask you to take it towards the destination).

#2 vin_sun

vin_sun

Railfan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

To design a good freight activity it is essential to know the Yard layout. You also should have a far idea of the stations along the route. Train-Sim has some good yard maps for downloading. The best maps are from the "Full Bucket Line" website - a fictional route across a desert. Their yard maps are by far the best and is in PDF format. I would suggest that you download their routes first (three versions) and try out the freight activities there. This will give you a fair idea as to how to create your own freight activities. It is certainly more challenging than passenger activities as you have to move the locos to various sidings to pick up consists and drop them off at sidings in other stations. There is no tutorial as such specifically for freight activities. If you have created your own passenger activities, you should not have any problems as the method of using the Activity Editor is the same.