Photo

Where is my consist?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 SPZach

SPZach

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:11 AM

Bare with me. I'm new to MSTS and downloaded my first Engine (F7A Black Widow). When I didn't see it on the list of engines in the game I remembered something about needing to make it a consist. So.. with trepidation and help from online tutorials (thanks everyone) I opened the Tools and found the engine and made a couple of consists. I then started the game, found them, and drove the engine around Marias Pass.

Then I remembered someone suggesting to back up Trainset and Consist folders. But when I peeked in the Consist folder I didn't find any of the 3 new consists I created with the new engine. So, finally, where did they go? I can drive them but they aren't in the folder??

Thanks!

#2 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

You have to give them a name that would be easy to find in the locomotive list. And if you're referring to the 3DTrains Black Widows not having consists, ypu would be mistaken. Al though we usually don't add cars, we always include basic locomotive consists to build upon (all should start with "3DT").

Cheers!
Marc

#3 SPZach

SPZach

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jan 9 2009, 2:03 PM) View Post

You have to give them a name that would be easy to find in the locomotive list. And if you're referring to the 3DTrains Black Widows not having consists, ypu would be mistaken. Al though we usually don't add cars, we always include basic locomotive consists to build upon (all should start with "3DT").

Cheers!
Marc

Thank you, Marc. I'm brand new to this so your patience is appreciated. I downloaded the F7A DEMO and wasn't quite sure how to extract it and don't even remember what I did. What should I have done? It wasn't in the list of available engines on the Marias Pass until I used the Tools to make it a consist. It was in the tools engine list.

Now that I created a couple of Consists, why can't I see them in the Consist folder?

Thanks!

#4 joebandit

joebandit

joebandit

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:34 AM

You must be using a version of Vista. THey are on Your system, just put the name in the search box. Better Yet, put Train Simulator in the search box, You will find that You now have 2, one where it should be and another in Your user area.

Edited by joebandit, 10 January 2009 - 07:39 AM.

#5 SPZach

SPZach

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(joebandit @ Jan 10 2009, 6:15 AM) View Post

You must be using a version of Vista. THey are on Your system, just put the name in the search box. Better Yet, put Train Simulator in the search box, You will find that You now have 2, one where it should be and another in Your user area.

Thanks, Joe. I am using Vista.

I don't understand why I can't see the Consists I created in the Consist folder (is that where you mean 'where it should be'), yet I can drive them in the game. How does the game find them, I wonder.

#6 joebandit

joebandit

joebandit

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(SPZach @ Jan 10 2009, 6:53 PM) View Post

Thanks, Joe. I am using Vista.

I don't understand why I can't see the Consists I created in the Consist folder (is that where you mean 'where it should be'), yet I can drive them in the game. How does the game find them, I wonder.

It is a Vista thing, why they work, but you can't see them.When You find them, just copy them where they belong. Conbuilder Pro does not have the problem, it puts them where they belong and comes with a utility to move those files to where they belong.