Photo
- - - - -

Not sure where this goes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:43 PM

These ain't screen shots, nor are they prototype, So I'll stick it here anyhow.

This was taken from the model RR club sunday with Mr. Linda. It had been awhile since I'd taken my box of goodies out and played. Here are the resulting shots.

Posted Image

Atlas Dash 8-40CW/Athearn RTR GP60B/Athearn RTR Dash 9-44CW. I need to put the sunshades back on the Dash 8..that's what happens when to tinker with this stuff!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Athearn Genesis SD45-2, my ATSF Athearn GP40X is trailing
Posted Image

Hopefully Sunday i'll be able to get some more..feel free to post y'all's model RR shots.

#2 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

Registered Ferroequinologist

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:47 PM

Not bad, but the only way to shoot model RR's is with depth-of-field settings, usually long times (or VERY good lighting) and small apertures. With the right aperture, you can be in-focus from almost the closest focus of the lens all the way to infinity. IIRC, you have a Canon Digital EOS, so there should be a way to set for D-O-F semi-automatically; I know my film EOS is really good at it.

#3 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:24 PM

Not bad, but the only way to shoot model RR's is with depth-of-field settings, usually long times (or VERY good lighting) and small apertures. With the right aperture, you can be in-focus from almost the closest focus of the lens all the way to infinity. IIRC, you have a Canon Digital EOS, so there should be a way to set for D-O-F semi-automatically; I know my film EOS is really good at it.

You know, I never looked to see if this could be done..I'll have to look into the instruction book and see.

#4 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:00 PM

You know, I never looked to see if this could be done..I'll have to look into the instruction book and see.

Kyle, look for the reverser handle and lock it in that large slot on the side of your camera, that ought a do it :P

#5 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

Kyle, look for the reverser handle and lock it in that large slot on the side of your camera, that ought a do it :P

Ya see, that's the problem with playin' the crazy...ya try to get serious and no one believes it! :w00t:

Kyle, look for a position on the control switch labelled "DEP." That's how it's marked on my Rebel.

#6 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

Yea I found the switch..I assume it's the position labled A-DEP??

#7 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:12 PM

Yea I found the switch..I assume it's the position labled A-DEP??

Prob'ly, my camera is one of the old film models...

#8 zartok-35

zartok-35

SD75I Guy

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

Need directions to the Model Railroading leg?
http://www.3dtrains....p?showforum=100

Nice stuff you have over there..must have cost a fortune to genearate that collection alone. The Dash-8 has DCC!

#9 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

Oops..I didn't realize this place had a model RR section..admin..feel free to move my topic..I'm sorry! Zartok, it wasn't too bad, I managed to find alot of my stuff on sale, or buy from club members. The C40-8W was bought from a club member, that Mr. Wongsing weathered. I think the only thing I bought full price was my Tower 55 ES44DC.