Photo

FR World Fails

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 pinpuller

pinpuller

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:51 PM

I run FR in a mini route and it has been running great until today. It started giving me messages; No extended shape data for 12090.s, then Failed to open shape file routes\WP3\shapes\12090.s, then Shape file failed to load. Then cannot add Car WP_12090_MT to world. I tried moving the sliders back in the options but still got the same messages. Then it wouldn't load at all giving the message, The world initialization failed, and nothing will load. I tried reloading the route from my back up file but it still will not run. I've checked BIN and the .dll's also the t-section still no luck. It had been running fine until I loaded the lastest activity from SkyRat, not that I think that had anything to do with it but I backed all of those files out and it still won't run. Any help?

Regards,
Pinpuller

#2 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(pinpuller @ Nov 15 2008, 2:32 PM) View Post

I run FR in a mini route and it has been running great until today. It started giving me messages; No extended shape data for 12090.s, then Failed to open shape file routes\WP3\shapes\12090.s, then Shape file failed to load. Then cannot add Car WP_12090_MT to world. I tried moving the sliders back in the options but still got the same messages. Then it wouldn't load at all giving the message, The world initialization failed, and nothing will load. I tried reloading the route from my back up file but it still will not run. I've checked BIN and the .dll's also the t-section still no luck. It had been running fine until I loaded the lastest activity from SkyRat, not that I think that had anything to do with it but I backed all of those files out and it still won't run. Any help?

Regards,
Pinpuller

What is the source of the file WP_12090_MT.wag?

#3 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:53 PM

Looks like you've been painted into a corner. Easiest thing to do:

1) Uninstall the route using the provided uninstaller
2) Delete the WP3 folder in the Routes directory.
3) Delete all consists associated with the new activities (I suggest blowing all consists away)
4) Reinstall the Feather River route to the MSTS mini-install
5) Reinstall desired SkyRat activities

Cheers!
Marc

#4 pinpuller

pinpuller

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for the replys.
First to Charles, I am not sure what the 12090.s file belongs to but a search brought back nothing. I was thinking it may be one of the phanton pieces of rolling stock. But that aside now I cannot even get it to load.
For Marc, I was about to follow your outline but thought first I'd check some of my other mini routes. What I found was that 2 other mini routes did the same thing, would not load and gave me the same message, 'The world initialization failed.' I even tried running the routes from my back up files on an external hard drive, which I could do before but not now.
Strange, as they ran fine last week. Out of the 10 mini routes three would not load. Thinking it had something to do with hard drive space I had less than 10 GB free on an 160 GB drive, I moved out some folders to gain 27 GB. Made no difference. Then thinking it may be some files I had added but the only thing that has been added was in WP, not the other two.

I'm thinking its a computer problem but not sure how to tackle it or just what to do. My computer is a Dell 8400, Pent.4 processor, 3.5GHz, 1 GB ram, 160 GB dual hard drive, video card is a Radeon X800 XT, running in Windows XP.

Regards,
Pinpuller

#5 SkyRat

SkyRat

Activity Developer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(pinpuller @ Nov 16 2008, 12:05 PM) View Post

Thanks for the replys.
First to Charles, I am not sure what the 12090.s file belongs to but a search brought back nothing. I was thinking it may be one of the phanton pieces of rolling stock. But that aside now I cannot even get it to load.
For Marc, I was about to follow your outline but thought first I'd check some of my other mini routes. What I found was that 2 other mini routes did the same thing, would not load and gave me the same message, 'The world initialization failed.' I even tried running the routes from my back up files on an external hard drive, which I could do before but not now.
Strange, as they ran fine last week. Out of the 10 mini routes three would not load. Thinking it had something to do with hard drive space I had less than 10 GB free on an 160 GB drive, I moved out some folders to gain 27 GB. Made no difference. Then thinking it may be some files I had added but the only thing that has been added was in WP, not the other two.

I'm thinking its a computer problem but not sure how to tackle it or just what to do. My computer is a Dell 8400, Pent.4 processor, 3.5GHz, 1 GB ram, 160 GB dual hard drive, video card is a Radeon X800 XT, running in Windows XP.

Regards,
Pinpuller

Pin, This is a problem with two of the WP_FMC_Hoppers from Bernard Grant, specifically, wp_12091_mt and wp_12090_mt.

in the wag for both, wp_12090_mt and wp_12091_mt, you find an error as it calls for the wrong wagonshape, so go into your trains\trainset\wp_fmc_hopper folder, open both wag files (wp_12090_mt amd wp_12091_mt) and make the change. For example in the highlighted line you will change 12090.s to to wp_12090.s and do the same in the other wag file from 12091.s to wp_12091.s

Wagon ( WP_12090_MT
Type ( Freight )
WagonShape ( 12090.s ) (change to wp_12090.s)
Name ("FMC Hopper WP #12090 MT")
Comment ( CR #889555 Original shape and textures by Jeff Auberpine, Trucks & Couplers Map by Ted Curphey
WP #12090 reskin by Bernard Grant from photograph by Keith Belk on RailcarPhotos.com )

Wagon ( WP_12091_MT
Type ( Freight )
WagonShape ( 12091.s ) (change to wp_12091.s)
Name ("FMC Hopper WP #12091 MT")
Comment ( CR #889555 Original shape and textures by Jeff Auberpine, Trucks & Couplers Map by Ted Curphey
WP #12091 reskin by Bernard Grant from photograph by Keith Belk on RailcarPhotos.com )

This should correct the problem.

Henri.

#6 pinpuller

pinpuller

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

Thanks Henri,
That fixes that problem. Wonder why ConBuilder didn't pick it up? And, why my 'search' didn't find the .s file. But, I am still getting the World initialization failed message, and not loading the program. Also, I didn't have those hoppers in the other routes that are also failing to load. I've been working on this most of the day and trying everything I can think of short of uninstalling and reinstalling the routes. I really don't want to do that if I can help it. I'm still thinking that it must be a computer problem because the other routes have not been added to or messed with lately, yet the problem of not running started at the same time.

Also, noted a couple of other items that were not mentioned in the pdf, namely the NALW 777 and HR's Big-Boy. I had them so no problem just had to add them to the Trainset.

Thanks for your help,
Phil aka Pinpuller

#7 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:33 PM

Thanks, Henri,
As I suspected the problem was with the opening shape file. That is why I asked PinPulller for the source of the WP_12090_MT.wag which he mentioned in his post assuming that 12090.s was the shape file for it. But a search on T-S for 12090 yielded nothing that matched to a WP WAG. Once I obtained wp_fmc.zip, inatalled it in my TrainSet and tested with ConBuilder I got this error:

[Wagon SHAPE FILE]
The shape file 12091.s specified by the file WP_12090_MT.WAG
In the folder F:\WP3\TRAINS\TRAINSET\WP_FMC_HOPPER\
is missing or has a mistake in the name.
The error was found on this line: WagonShape ( 12090.s )
--------------------

Checking folder would see the problem: no 12090.s file File named WP_12090.s

#8 SkyRat

SkyRat

Activity Developer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(pinpuller @ Nov 16 2008, 2:04 PM) View Post

Thanks Henri,
That fixes that problem. Wonder why ConBuilder didn't pick it up? And, why my 'search' didn't find the .s file. But, I am still getting the World initialization failed message, and not loading the program. Also, I didn't have those hoppers in the other routes that are also failing to load. I've been working on this most of the day and trying everything I can think of short of uninstalling and reinstalling the routes. I really don't want to do that if I can help it. I'm still thinking that it must be a computer problem because the other routes have not been added to or messed with lately, yet the problem of not running started at the same time.

Also, noted a couple of other items that were not mentioned in the pdf, namely the NALW 777 and HR's Big-Boy. I had them so no problem just had to add them to the Trainset.

Thanks for your help,
Phil aka Pinpuller

Phil,

A thought -

I suggest you remove my last activity and then try to load msts. That activity may cause your system trouble because it requires a lot of resources.

H.

#9 pinpuller

pinpuller

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:29 PM

Henri, That was the first thing I did when I had the hang up and couldn't find the problem. And it doesn't explain why the other mini routes won't load.
Phil

#10 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(pinpuller @ Nov 16 2008, 3:04 PM) View Post

Thanks Henri,
That fixes that problem. Wonder why ConBuilder didn't pick it up? And, why my 'search' didn't find the .s file.
Phil aka Pinpuller

Phil,
Did you test the WAG WP_12090.wag or just the Activity? ConBuilder will only find missing shapes when you are testing ENGs or WAGs. As why your "Search" did not find the Shape were you searching for "12090.s" or "WP_12090.s"? 12090.s does not exist.

#11 pinpuller

pinpuller

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

Charles,
When I ran ConBuilder I was testing the Activity and consists. When I did the search I must admit I was just searching for the 12090.s file as that is what the first pop up messages read. " No extended shape data for 12090.s, then Failed to open shape file routes\WP3\shapes\12090.s".
I was hoping that the typo in the .wag file was the culprit but it wouldn't account for the other mini's not loading. Still working on it, thanks for your concern.
Regards,
Phil

#12 pinpuller

pinpuller

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:53 PM

An update; After checking all of my mini routes, 3 of the 12 will not load. Oddly enough it makes no difference if I run one of the back up routes from an external drive, it's the same. Also in the full MSTS original Train sim all the original routes plus three downloaded ones run fine but not two other downloaded routes. I cannot find a common factor in the failed routes that may be causing the 'World initialization failed' message and the crash. Some of the routes that crash have not been run in some time and nothing has been added to them or changed.

It could be something to do with RAM allocation but after scrubbing the RAM to free up as much as I can, currently 600+ free RAM, those routes in question still will not open. I have never had this problem before and the free RAM has been down in the 250-300 range. Size of route does not seem to be a factor either as much larger routes than FR3 will run.

Out of all my routes, 21 (10 payware 11 downloaded) plus the original MSTS, 6 will not load and out of the 6 two are payware, WP3 and TEH2, some of my favorites. The 8 other payware routes run fine.

I don't think reinstalling will make any difference as I have tried running the 'clean' back up copies and get the same results. There must be something amiss with my computer and not being a computer guy I've hit the wall for now.

Thanks to all for your concern and advice.
Regards,
Phil aka Pinpuller

#13 SkyRat

SkyRat

Activity Developer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(pinpuller @ Nov 17 2008, 5:34 PM) View Post

An update; After checking all of my mini routes, 3 of the 12 will not load. Oddly enough it makes no difference if I run one of the back up routes from an external drive, it's the same. Also in the full MSTS original Train sim all the original routes plus three downloaded ones run fine but not two other downloaded routes. I cannot find a common factor in the failed routes that may be causing the 'World initialization failed' message and the crash. Some of the routes that crash have not been run in some time and nothing has been added to them or changed.

It could be something to do with RAM allocation but after scrubbing the RAM to free up as much as I can, currently 600+ free RAM, those routes in question still will not open. I have never had this problem before and the free RAM has been down in the 250-300 range. Size of route does not seem to be a factor either as much larger routes than FR3 will run.

Out of all my routes, 21 (10 payware 11 downloaded) plus the original MSTS, 6 will not load and out of the 6 two are payware, WP3 and TEH2, some of my favorites. The 8 other payware routes run fine.

I don't think reinstalling will make any difference as I have tried running the 'clean' back up copies and get the same results. There must be something amiss with my computer and not being a computer guy I've hit the wall for now.

Thanks to all for your concern and advice.
Regards,
Phil aka Pinpuller

Unless you have already done this, may I suggest you delete the FRRR and since this is in a mini route, all the associated rolling stock and consists should also be deleted, too. then re-install from scratch and see what happens. I think it will run. I mention that because even with my good system, msts will crash if I have too much stuff loading in an activity and I have to use Train Store to store all my other routes otherwise I often get crashes or very low fps. You may have too many consists or a trainset issue that is completely clogging your system..

wheres the draino... laugh.gif

Hennri

#14 pinpuller

pinpuller

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

Thanks Henri but I have managed to get it to work without reinstalling! I did some reading over in the TS forum and others have had the same message. One suggestion was making sure that 'Textured Sky' box was ticked in the Advanced Options setting. I checked mine and it was not ticked. Did that and it fired right up. So I wil lbe putting your latest activity back in as well as the consists and rolling stock. Maybe tomorrow, late, I will be running the 1776 after all. In the meantime I am working on geting the other routes to run. So far I have all but one back on line. The problem they all seem to have has been in the enviromental files, one way or annother. After so many years with this program (since it first hit the shelves) I am still learning.

Back to work, fun later.

Regards,
Phil

#15 SkyRat

SkyRat

Activity Developer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(pinpuller @ Nov 17 2008, 6:56 PM) View Post

Thanks Henri but I have managed to get it to work without reinstalling! I did some reading over in the TS forum and others have had the same message. One suggestion was making sure that 'Textured Sky' box was ticked in the Advanced Options setting. I checked mine and it was not ticked. Did that and it fired right up. So I wil lbe putting your latest activity back in as well as the consists and rolling stock. Maybe tomorrow, late, I will be running the 1776 after all. In the meantime I am working on geting the other routes to run. So far I have all but one back on line. The problem they all seem to have has been in the enviromental files, one way or annother. After so many years with this program (since it first hit the shelves) I am still learning.

Back to work, fun later.

Regards,
Phil

That is great news! and very interesting.. good to know about the textured sky.

Henri.

#16 pinpuller

pinpuller

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(SkyRat @ Nov 17 2008, 10:05 PM) View Post

That is great news! and very interesting.. good to know about the textured sky.

Henri.

I gave the activity another test with ConBuilder and found that there was a problem with another wag file, FGEX_RFR. The .sd file is wrongly named. Easy to correct just rename it same as .s file. It is part of the Mech_Pak1 download. Also noted that you had some HR SP SD40-2's in loose consist 21. I had them so added them to the Trainset. A little disapointed in the Cabview in Ed's WP set, old original GP-38, but the art work on the engines themselves is great. I can change out the cabview.

Busy day so trains tonight.

Regards,
Pinpuller

#17 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE(pinpuller @ Nov 18 2008, 7:04 AM) View Post

I gave the activity another test with ConBuilder and found that there was a problem with another wag file, FGEX_RFR. The .sd file is wrongly named. Easy to correct just rename it same as .s file. It is part of the Mech_Pak1 download. Also noted that you had some HR SP SD40-2's in loose consist 21. I had them so added them to the Trainset. A little disapointed in the Cabview in Ed's WP set, old original GP-38, but the art work on the engines themselves is great. I can change out the cabview.

Busy day so trains tonight.

Regards,
Pinpuller

I wish I had a nickle for every typo error I have corrected in ENG, WAG, SD, etc files I have fixed. biggrin.gif

Phil, Sounds like you need to do a Test all ENGs/WAGs with ConBuilder.
BTW why not alias the cabs to some that came with the GPs with FR?

#18 pinpuller

pinpuller

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:43 PM

Charles, that's what I did (and usually do) with each new activity but after having the problems I never got to that point with this one until I had it running again.
Good idea, I will use FR's cabview and do that tonight. Only strange thing I see now is when FR starts the opening screen does not show any engines or cons available in the explore mode, I have to scroll down to choose one.

Regards,
Phil

#19 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(pinpuller @ Nov 18 2008, 3:24 PM) View Post

Only strange thing I see now is when FR starts the opening screen does not show any engines or cons available in the explore mode, I have to scroll down to choose one.

Regards,
Phil

That means you have a case mismatch in one of your consists. i.e. consist has eng of "Dash9" and the ENG file is "dash9"
Such problems can be fixed by Route Riter using the Activties/Stock tab and going thru the 5 fix options in order.

#20 pinpuller

pinpuller

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

I did RR as you suggested, Charles, and it filled in the blanks on the opening screen but it filled it with the WP1776 GP40. What happens if I remove that engine from the Trainset? Will there be a blank there or will it fill with another? Was I suppose to do all 5 fix options because it seemed to fix it with just the first button?

Also got the cabviews changed using the WP GP35.
Phil