Photo
- - - - -

Route of the Electirified Olympian Hiawatha

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 SSW

SSW

Milwaukee-Southwestern Railroad

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:17 PM

Okay, so it ain't electrified and it ain't the Olympian Hiawatha but the Ft. Worth Temple and Gulf Railroad leased one Morning Hiawatha trainset from the Milwaukee, complete with 2 Erie A and one Erie B, the 21 set. Seen here slowing for the station stop at Czech Colony, Texas (fictional town) The lease agreement calls for the Milwaukee to supply one Super Dome when they roll off the floor at Pullman-Standard's Walthers Plant in Milwaukee, WI.

I haven't figured out what I'm going to name my Skytop. Kinda leaning towards either Dell Rapids or Priest Rapids. My grandfather got one and is doing Coon Rapids, and Cedar Rapids just doesn't appeal to me that much. Priest Rapids is the car that the Milwaukee shop forces torched. I think the "Valley" series parlor will become the "Gallatin Valley"

Now if anyone ever comes out with plastic EP-4 "Little Joe" or EP-3 "Quill" locomotives, the club layout will suddenly develop a bad case of "Catenaryitis" smile.gif Some EF-1/2/3/5 Boxcabs would be nice, and if someone does EP-4's, they've done EF-4's too. A plastic EP-2 Bi-Polar would be great. I know, I'm well off into dreamland there.

Shortly after these were taken, the radio system went on the fritz, and instead of slowly reversing to clear a switch, the train shot off backwards around a curve, and my RPO suffered an unfortunate encounter with the wood floor (a 4 foot drop). MOW forces will be replacing a coupler, fortunately that was the only damage.

Attached Files

#2 brodywyrick

brodywyrick

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE(SSW @ Nov 3 2008, 5:58 PM) View Post

Okay, so it ain't electrified and it ain't the Olympian Hiawatha but the Ft. Worth Temple and Gulf Railroad leased one Morning Hiawatha trainset from the Milwaukee, complete with 2 Erie A and one Erie B, the 21 set. Seen here slowing for the station stop at Czech Colony, Texas (fictional town) The lease agreement calls for the Milwaukee to supply one Super Dome when they roll off the floor at Pullman-Standard's Walthers Plant in Milwaukee, WI.

I haven't figured out what I'm going to name my Skytop. Kinda leaning towards either Dell Rapids or Priest Rapids. My grandfather got one and is doing Coon Rapids, and Cedar Rapids just doesn't appeal to me that much. Priest Rapids is the car that the Milwaukee shop forces torched. I think the "Valley" series parlor will become the "Gallatin Valley"

Now if anyone ever comes out with plastic EP-4 "Little Joe" or EP-3 "Quill" locomotives, the club layout will suddenly develop a bad case of "Catenaryitis" smile.gif Some EF-1/2/3/5 Boxcabs would be nice, and if someone does EP-4's, they've done EF-4's too. A plastic EP-2 Bi-Polar would be great. I know, I'm well off into dreamland there.

Shortly after these were taken, the radio system went on the fritz, and instead of slowly reversing to clear a switch, the train shot off backwards around a curve, and my RPO suffered an unfortunate encounter with the wood floor (a 4 foot drop). MOW forces will be replacing a coupler, fortunately that was the only damage.

Hiawatha looks great, wish I could afford something like that, I don't know if I could run it on my home layout, or if I would have to leave it at my club.

#3 Dejoh

Dejoh

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

IPB Image
The layout looks great. Just a shot I had sitting around biggrin.gif

#4 SSW

SSW

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

Thanks. I've been buying one car at a time for the past year. Walthers does one car a month. Just waiting on the Super Dome now.

#5 squeaky_d

squeaky_d

Motorman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

Is that HO or N scale?? BTW very Nice Train...

#6 wongsing

wongsing

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:17 AM

Dang Brad! That train is looking GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! What was the car released this month? I'm trying to talk Jenn into letting me buy all the cars and locos to model the famous Capitol Limited... Unfortunately, negotiations on said matter are also on the fritz... rolleyes.gif

-Rich

#7 SSW

SSW

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

It's HO scale.

Rick, last car was the Super Dome. With any luck I'll be able to run it after the marathon rewire at the club tomorrow. Pictures if it happens.

#8 SSW

SSW

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

Put the dome in the consist today. Now all these folks can see the Texas plains in 360 degrees.

Walthers did a good job on the train. Now to wire a mars light in the skytop.

Attached Files