Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:29 PM
Take a good look at this shot, the Amtrak train is on the same track, not the next track over!
Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:14 PM
Some of OUR BOYS!
Nice pictures, Kevin. Sounds like some strange movement going on out there.
Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:36 PM
Eastbound Harbor Belt
CP and NS passing each other
Apair of "Top Hats" line up for the east yard lead
Theres lots more........
Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:34 PM
Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:40 PM
Keep em' coming!
Not to worry,there was about 10 of us, here's camp with only half or so with the rest behind me, and judging from there looks there was a westbound headed in our direction.
Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:16 PM
Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:04 PM
Well, i'm standing behind my camera getting ready to shoot, so yep, there was a westbound commin'!
The question is which one, after about 75 trains they were gettin hard to shoot
Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:01 PM
Ron K of Rockford
Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:54 PM
Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:58 PM
Nice pics in your set Ron! Too bad, I couldn't make it this time.
Thanks Ken, we missed you; but there will be more to come as always!
Ron K of Rockford
Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:43 PM
1. The IHB Burns Harbor Job heads east on the NS past a work train sitting in the siding.
2. The work train heads east out of the siding.
3. Amtrak follows closely on the heels of a freight train. This train sat in front of us for 30 minutes. Who knows how long Amtrak was behind him. As he came by, we all raised our arms in the air as a "What gives?" The engineer responded by raising his arms as a "I have no clue!"
4. An NS SD60 being run from the right side of the engine heads west with pigs.
5. Two recently repainted South Shore GP38-2s lead the daily turn to Barr Yard on the CSX.
6. This rarely happens. The two AC4400s were not enough to get the train up the hill to the J, so they sent down two of their dazzling SD38-2s to help. SD38-2s and AC4400s MU'ed. Kinda funny.
7. HAHA! By this point, everyone except for Neil, Steve, and myself had left. Good things come to those who wait! A "Deemer 9" (DMIR 9) pulls a cut of cars out to Pine Yard for the NS.
Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:55 AM
Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:28 PM
Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:54 AM