Photo

attempting to scale-rail a route

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 CRQ5508

CRQ5508

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:44 AM

Hey guys. I'm seriously considering scale-railing Maple Leaf Tracks, Delaware and Hudson "Bridge Line". I'm getting a lot of ideas while running the FRR, such as using "clean" track on the mainlines and passing sidings, and rusty textures on yard tracks and spurs. I've never done something like this, so I'm wondering a few things. First off, is there a tutorial on how to do this? Maybe I'm overlooking it, but I couldn't find one. How hard will it be? (I haven't done anything major like this in the RE, but I tend to learn fast.) Overall, do you think it's possible. I'm hoping that MLT didn't use custom radius turnouts, curves, etc. Thanks for any help, suggestions, and/or recommendations.

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:58 AM

Most of the editing involves opening the World files and replacing instances of default track with SR pieces. However, the Bridge Line is loaded with dynamic sections, so the end results may not turn out the way you had hoped.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 CRQ5508

CRQ5508

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jul 16 2008, 12:39 PM) View Post

Most of the editing involves opening the World files and replacing instances of default track with SR pieces. However, the Bridge Line is loaded with dynamic sections, so the end results may not turn out the way you had hoped.

Cheers!
Marc

I should have figured as much.. Oh well.... I guess I'll just have to find some really good looking track textures then unsure.gif

#4 willyvee

willyvee

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(CRQ5508 @ Jul 15 2008, 11:25 AM) View Post

Hey guys. I'm seriously considering scale-railing Maple Leaf Tracks, Delaware and Hudson "Bridge Line". I'm getting a lot of ideas while running the FRR, such as using "clean" track on the mainlines and passing sidings, and rusty textures on yard tracks and spurs. I've never done something like this, so I'm wondering a few things. First off, is there a tutorial on how to do this? Maybe I'm overlooking it, but I couldn't find one. How hard will it be? (I haven't done anything major like this in the RE, but I tend to learn fast.) Overall, do you think it's possible. I'm hoping that MLT didn't use custom radius turnouts, curves, etc. Thanks for any help, suggestions, and/or recommendations.

There is a tutorial on converting a route to ScaleRail in the train-sim.com file library.

Hope that helps smile.gif