Photo

New track system being built

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 sstyrnol

sstyrnol

Santa Fe Nut

• Beta Tester
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:54 AM

Hi,

Norbert, who AFAIK is also involved in the XTracks-Developments is currently working on some new gadget for all MSTS junkies. First of all, he is developing replacements for the standard KUJU-Tracks, which can be used to instantly upgrade every route much like ScaleRail (just with European characteristics):

IPB Image

IPB Image

The new tracks will have embankments. However he is going to retain the track profile of the KUJU'nk tracks to keep a smooth transition to XTracks (for which replacements - if at all - will be made at a much later date).

The tracks will have different ways of fixing the rails to the sleepers like the rail clamps used in the following image.

IPB Image

The other new development, Norbert is working on and which I want to present here is tracks for high-speed railway lines, including 200 kph-certified switches and a concrete right-of-way.

Highspeed switch for 200 kph
IPB Image

Transition from standard right-of-way (gravel) to concrete right-of-way
IPB Image

330 kph!
IPB Image

I am just posting this here to show just one more example of how much creativity there still is in the scene and that new features are being added over the time. Very exciting! smile.gif

#2 tgalbardi

tgalbardi

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:05 AM

Looks promising! So far so good... smile.gif

#3 SAR704

SAR704

Dispatcher

• Valued Customer