Photo

Rumors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 SAR704

SAR704

Dispatcher

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jun 26 2008, 12:37 PM) View Post

Considering the amount of time it takes to create a worthwhile activity, and except in the case of Rich Garber who can do it in his sleep (and often does so wink.gif), this is interesting information.

Cheers!
Marc

How so? Most routes that I download with no activities go in the recycle bin smile.gif

Doesn't matter how much eye candy there is if it's operationally ambiguous

#22 etta

etta

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

I TOO WILL BUY THE ROUTE WITHOUT ACTIVITES

#23 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:20 PM

Thanks to all for your voice of support.

Many good points have been raised. The overwhelming majority are willing to purchase the route without activities, which surprises me. For those that would not purchase without supplied activities, that's understandable, in that case the Ozark Northern would be a "pass" for you.

The more I think about it, the more I am inclined to feel that I'm not comfortable with simply releasing the route sans activities, and that's it.

What I am considering, is making another pass or two over the route in order insure it's finalized, and then making a few activities to be released with it.

Once released, in the subsequent weeks/months/etc, I can perhaps develop and release activities in small batches until I'm satisfied with the quantity of activities, and hence feel that I am offering a product with good "play value". That is important to me.

Sooo... that's what I thinking.

In the meantime, below is a quick picture from within an activity that I just finished.

Attached Files

#24 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:24 AM

Activities are no necessary for me either........

#25 cricetus

cricetus

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE(laming @ Jul 1 2008, 6:01 PM) View Post

Many good points have been raised. The overwhelming majority are willing to purchase the route without activities, which surprises me. For those that would not purchase without supplied activities, that's understandable, in that case the Ozark Northern would be a "pass" for you.

The more I think about it, the more I am inclined to feel that I'm not comfortable with simply releasing the route sans activities, and that's it.

What I am considering, is making another pass or two over the route in order insure it's finalized, and then making a few activities to be released with it.

Once released, in the subsequent weeks/months/etc, I can perhaps develop and release activities in small batches until I'm satisfied with the quantity of activities, and hence feel that I am offering a product with good "play value". That is important to me.

In the meantime, below is a quick picture from within an activity that I just finished.

For me it's quite a good compromise

#26 SkyRat

SkyRat

Activity Developer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(laming @ Jul 1 2008, 7:01 PM) View Post

I look at a route with no activities just like a painter who looks at a blank canvas before he/she starts to create - only imagination limits the possibilities and I can go where nobody has gone before (opps, that's StarTrek)!

Henri

aka SkyRat