Photo
- - - - -

A day in Ft. Worth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:47 PM

Started my vacation Monday and met up with a couple of friends and headed to Ft. Worth and Tower 55. Was not a disapointing day by any means!

Anyway, on to the show!

IPB Image

A shot of a UP AC6000 the day before in Waco

IPB Image

First train of the day at Tower 55, the UP 4141 and AC6000 start to pull towards the tower and will take the Barnhardt Wye onto the UP's Baird Sub.
IPB Image

IPB Image

Overhead shot taken as the 4141 starts into UP's Centennial (Err Davidson) Yard
IPB Image

UP yard transfer job sits at the tower, waiting a southbound BNSF mixed freight.
IPB Image

One of the Ft. Worth and Western RR, taken with permission from their yard office. Great bunch of guys.

I have a bunch more if y'all want 'em

#2 wongsing

wongsing

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:53 AM

4 more days man! Hope you have some time off to add me to your guys' railfanning adventures again! Can't wait! You got some real good pics out there! Was Bradley and Matthew with you?

-Rich

#3 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:40 AM

they sure were...those were the friends i speak of biggrin.gif

#4 BNSF

BNSF

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

WOOT Rick you have missed out man can't wait til you get here. ~Matt

#5 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:00 PM

Nice, clear, sharp photos Kyle, will keep an eye on this post for more shots cool.gif

#6 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:48 AM

Here is one more for now..Taken at Saginaw.
IPB Image

#7 therock

therock

Route Rock Certified

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

Wicked shot, Kyle!

#8 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

Registered Ferroequinologist

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:48 PM

Hey Kyle, ever hear of the T55TS&BSS? Or is that before your time...
My brother lives in that neck of the woods, and he made me an honorary member when I was out there once. Still have the card, somewhere...

Anyway, nice pictures. Getting to know that Canon pretty well, eh?

#9 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

Kyle, don't let your head swell so big it won't fit thru the cab door when you go back to work laugh.gif

But thats probably your best shot ever smile.gif

#10 SSW

SSW

Milwaukee-Southwestern Railroad

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(oldrailfan @ Jun 6 2008, 5:29 PM) View Post

Hey Kyle, ever hear of the T55TS&BSS? Or is that before your time...
My brother lives in that neck of the woods, and he made me an honorary member when I was out there once. Still have the card, somewhere...

Anyway, nice pictures. Getting to know that Canon pretty well, eh?

I've heard of and actually attended a gathering of the Double Nickel BS society. I've got a card around here somewhere too.

I can't seem to find the "attach files" button so I can't post any of mine.

#11 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:35 AM

Kevin..my head is definately swollen right now..but i think thats from the bachelor party!

#12 CRQ5508

CRQ5508

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE(BeltonTigers @ Jun 6 2008, 1:29 PM) View Post

IPB Image

what an interesting (or weird blink.gif ) lashup.... a 2,100hp gen-set switcher, a 3500 hp GP50, and a 2500 hp GP35... modern, aging, and a classic (now all we need is a CF7... laugh.gif ) But from what I've heard, UP doesn't care for these new Gen-set switchers much. They load slower than a EMD SD90MAC-H (and that's saying something), so they can't be used for kicking or hump switching, what UP originally wanted them for. Their hoods is horrible for visibility (the "low" nose is nearly a foot-and-a-half taller than you standard EMD nose), and despite what NRE says, you can't just pull the engine skids out of the body. You have to remove the whole body shell to get one out... none the less, these are awesome shots! I really do like the one of the gen-set. Know BNSF's policy, that locomotive will never be complete again. laugh.gif

#13 CRQ5508

CRQ5508

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE(BeltonTigers @ Jun 6 2008, 1:29 PM) View Post

IPB Image

what an interesting (or weird blink.gif ) lashup.... a 2,100hp gen-set switcher, a 3500 hp GP50, and a 2500 hp GP35... modern, aging, and a classic (now all we need is a CF7... laugh.gif ) But from what I've heard, UP doesn't care for these new Gen-set switchers much. They load slower than a EMD SD90MAC-H (and that's saying something), so they can't be used for kicking or hump switching, what UP originally wanted them for. Their hoods is horrible for visibility (the "low" nose is nearly a foot-and-a-half taller than you standard EMD nose), and despite what NRE says, you can't just pull the engine skids out of the body. You have to remove the whole body shell to get one out... none the less, these are awesome shots! I really do like the one of the gen-set. Know BNSF's policy, that locomotive will never be complete again. laugh.gif

#14 BNSF

BNSF

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

I must admit that was very fun! We must do it again guys. ~Matt

#15 csiders

csiders

Fireman

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE(CRQ5508 @ Jun 7 2008, 7:30 AM) View Post

Don't laugh too much, when I lived in Fort Worth, there was a Rescar CF7 sitting some where in the elevator's plant so you aren't too far off!

#16 SSW

SSW

Milwaukee-Southwestern Railroad

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE(csiders @ Jun 9 2008, 6:05 AM) View Post

Don't laugh too much, when I lived in Fort Worth, there was a Rescar CF7 sitting some where in the elevator's plant so you aren't too far off!

The Rescar CF-7's are now razorblades.

#17 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

and most of BNSF's GP50's have actually been de-rated down to 2500HP..

#18 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(BNSF @ Jun 8 2008, 6:35 PM) View Post

I must admit that was very fun! We must do it again guys. ~Matt

Hey, if you fellas ever want to road trip, we can put you in spots were you won't know what to shoot first because they come at you from four directions. 300 to 500 shots in a day is not uncommon with every railroad and locomotive combination possible.

As I told Kyle, we'll leave the light on for ya smile.gif

#19 BeltonTigers

BeltonTigers

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

I was talking to the wife about that the other day..I most definately need to make it up that way!

#20 BNSF

BNSF

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the hospitality it would be awsome if all 4 of us Bradley, Kyle, Rick and I could come down for a weekend or something like that. Your always welcome down here in Temple, our FT. Worth and we will show yall some good times. smile.gif thanks~ Matthew L