Photo

East Metro Upgrade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 arremm1

arremm1

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:14 AM

I was just wondering if the new East Metro is going to be a stand-alone route or an upgrade of the old route? If it is an upgrade of the old route, will the old activities work on the new route?
I am looking forward to the new East Metro anyway!

#2 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:41 AM

Basically the original East Metro and the East Metro Rebuild are two completely different routes. The new one installs to a completely different folder so you can still run the original route if you want. The install will not require any of the original default routes. None of the old activities will work, at all, on this version. This endeavor did start out as an upgrade to the original route but about a third or half way into the project I had to make track changes which then made trying to keep the project to just an upgrade futile. There are many similarities between the two versions as the character of the route is still very much the same. Imagine if you will the character of the old route, the new techniques since learned beyond 2001 and the influence of Rail Simulator. It will be interesting to see how the new East Metro is received.

It ain't right that for the moment I have to be my own press but I find running the new East Metro beyond anything I've done before. There's something about the route I can't capture in still pictures. I'm not the best in taking pictures anyway. I hesitate to say too much but rather let you guys do all the talking. Between the route, BIN and some things Dick C did with the rollingstock we haven't discussed yet, this route, even for me, is cool to run. blush.gif

Rich G

#3 arremm1

arremm1

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

Rich,
Thanks for the quick reply. I, too, can't wait to run this route! Thanks again!