Photo
- - - - -

Them Chicago Guys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 NW 1218

NW 1218

Lewis Black

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:15 AM

Well, here we go again. Two weekends in a row, we met. First for the Franklin Park RR Dayz and then for a day at Pine Jct. Here are some pics for ya'll.

1. An inbound Scoot passes the line of equipment that will be on display for the day.
IPB Image

2. CP 8851 sits at the head of the line of equipment. Behind it is a UP GEVO, the MoPac Heritage unit, two NS Genset units, an IHB GP40-2 and caboose, CN E9 103 and two business cars, and CSX AC4400 1, the "Spirit of West Virginia. IPB Image

3. The Metra equipment finally arrives. Metra MP36PH-3S 420 couples up to CP 8851.
IPB Image

4. G-47, lead by Soo Line GP38-2 4508, heads east as a CP 284 waits on 3 Lead for it to clear.
IPB Image

That was it for me that day. Now on to Pine Jct!

1. Two NS SD70M-2s lead a pig train eastbound on the old Conrail Chicago Line.
IPB Image

2. An NS SD70M leads what was M-NSIGAL on the BNSF earlier that morning. It would now be the 32G.
IPB Image

3. Two CSX C40-8Ws lead an empty coke train down from the EJ&E to CSX's Curtis Yard.
IPB Image

4. Terribly backlit, but noteworthy. A Conrail C40-8W leads an empty Inland Steel train westbound.
IPB Image

5. Group photo! L-R: Myself, Mike Deming, Ron Kiewel, Neil Keenan, Sean Kellehar and his lady friend, Scott Guzik, Ken Plaza, Kevin Kellehar, Chuck Guzik, Patrick Kellehar, and Ernie Daigle aka evilkat. We were glad Ernie could join us as he is not from Chicago or even Illinois!
IPB Image

6. Money shot! An NS HH GP38AC leads a local eastbound. Overexposed so you could see the train better. It was cloudy by this point.
IPB Image

#2 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

This place was RED HOT as always with non stop trains. Everybody stays safe as we tolerate no dangerous activities or situations, this keeps the authorities from pestering the group.

Remember these easy rules if your going to get a group together like we do.
1. Stay off the tracks
2. If there is not a crossing were you are foaming cross carefully when no trains are present and do not step on top of the rail or run across the tracks.
3. Do not stand on a live track to take a shot.
4. Staying in the clear will usually prevent train crews from alerting authority.
5. Pick up your trash.
6. Its not advisible to bring children and pets, this will get you removed real fast.

While the area we were in Saturday is notoriuos for ejections by CSX or NS cops, we had the highrail trucks waving at us and there was a CSX crew building panel tracks 200' away. We bring food, water, chairs and have a blast. Its not uncommon to see between 50 and 100 trains in several of our hot spots, ofcourse living in the railroad capital of the United States helps. We are proud of our close knit bunch and welcome anybody who wants to come out and enjoy a day of railfanning were you don't have to take naps in between trains.

Just send one of us a PM if you want to join the group or get put on our email list wink.gif

#3 ArkansasRailfan

ArkansasRailfan

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

Very nice photographs there Meansy. cool.gif

Remember..... This Saturday. devil.gif

#4 bnsf1959

bnsf1959

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:42 AM

Got my photos up on my page here. Some came out pretty good. What do you expect from a 8 year old vintage camera? tongue.gif

#5 northland

northland

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

Extremely well put there Kevin!...........Unbelievable time..........gotta bring sun screen....ouch.....It has been very cool to have guest "minds" visit............Evilkat this time.........and on the tele.....Dark Flyer last time!........IF your in the hood and wish to join us.......please let us know........we would be happy to have more of our MSTS bros join us!

CG

Great group of guys...........thanks to this forum!

The shovel will leave the light on for you.................right J

#6 akajim

akajim

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

Too many to show here, so here's a link to PhotoBucket. These are about half of what I shot, and these are in-between or along with video. Graet day had by all, and like Chuck said; we sure could have used some sunscreen!
foof.gif Ron K of Rockford

http://s37.photobuck.....0Jct 5_24_08/

#7 qballbandit

qballbandit

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

Definately a great time Saturday. biggrin.gif
Ok, raise you hand if you did not feel and look like an over-cooked lobster...And being the tard that I am, I had sun screen in my truck and forgot about it until around 03:00pm..nice!
After 2 weeks of this kind of fun, I am kind of going through some withdrawals for this weekend.
Heck, I may even have to do some house work! 1, 2, 3, eeeeeewwwwwww, housework!!!!!

Can't wait for our next meet. Kevin, I must say we have to be doing something right, as we have not been kicked out of Blue Island, Dolton, or Pine Junction. Let's keep up that streak smile.gif

See you guys soon, and if I stop running the sim for awhile on my free time, maybe I'll slap a few pics up here too.

Neil biggrin.gif

#8 darkflyer

darkflyer

ATSF Crosstied and Certified

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

Quick somebody call the cops!!! we got'em all in one place at the same time. laugh.gif A more motley crew I've never seen and one I'd love to be with....great going guys...I'm having fun and I wasn't anywhere near there....Great shots John...keep'em coming.

YKW