Photo
- - - - -

Fullerton Railroad Days

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 CoastStarlight86

CoastStarlight86

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

I had not a thing to do today, and I just remembered this event was happening. So I went down, and happen to see this....

Amtrak Pacific Parlour #39975 "Willamette Valley" Refurbished, and Freshly Painted from Beech Grove. It was surrounded by gates and fences and other rail cars so getting a full shot of pretty much anything there was almost impossible, but I did my best. The re-launch of the Coast Starlight will be on June 10, 2008 and I was told all 5 Parlour Cars would be back in service by then. Also BNSF had one of their GEVO's on display and tour. The shots could be better I know, but I tried my best biggrin.gif !

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And the GEVO...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And yours truly.....

IPB Image

IPB Image

If anyone else was there, PLEASE! share some of your shots!

-Robert

#2 Southwest Chief

Southwest Chief

Dispatcher

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:07 AM

Went Sunday afternoon during the Laker game (hoping the crowds would be lesser). I'm a Bulls fan sad.gif

Here are some photos that don't overlap yours too much.

IPB Image
Santa Fe 3751 looking sharp as always

IPB Image
Hard to get to Santa Fe baggage car (used as 3751's tool car)

IPB Image
One of the outdoor layout displays. I was impressed with the Silver Vista. I scratch built one too.

#3 CoastStarlight86

CoastStarlight86

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

LOL, I'm not a big lakers fan either. Actually Matt, you got shots of everything else I didnt get, nice! Did you see the UP streamliner they had? I forgot what layout it was on...

What I was trippin' on the most was the layout made entirely of LEGOS, man I wanted to do that so bad when I was a kid.

And the part that made me mad, we didnt get time to check out 3751 dry.gif ....

#4 Southwest Chief

Southwest Chief

Dispatcher

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(CoastStarlight86 @ May 5 2008, 9:27 AM) View Post

Did you see the UP streamliner they had? I forgot what layout it was on...

Yep, it was next to the one with the Silver Vista. The UP cars and PA loco are made by USA. They also had a UP SD70Mac...nice.

Here's a link to their impressive line of products:

USA Trains

That Lego layout was incredible. How they get all the pieces (including a lot of special ones) is a good question. I took a photo of some of the Lego skyscrapers. Sorry for the darkness, forgot to use a flash under the tarps:

IPB Image