Photo
- - - - -

BLI SD9

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 CRQ5508

CRQ5508

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

I was wondering if anyone out there has bought one of BLI's new SD9s as of yet... I've been thinking of buying one but am just wondering about a couple of things...
  • Sound: how accurate does it sound?
  • running smoothness/noise: how smoothly does the motor run/ how loud does it operate?
  • speed range. minimum speed? maximum speed?

Just curious...

#2 moose49

moose49

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:39 PM

Who may I ask is BLI?

#3 mikkelborg

mikkelborg

EMD's Biggest Fan

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

BLI is Broadway Limited, they make HO scale engines and cars equipped with Quantum duel mode sound systems (can run straight DC or DCC).

As for the SD9 I am interested too, but I haven't saved up enough cash for one yet. I would like to know if the mechanism is conducive to a nose chop job. Has anybody taken one of these apart yet?

Collin

#4 B32BWH

B32BWH

Engineer Trainee

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:28 AM

I'm not very impressed with anything diesel i have seen from BLI, but different strokes for different folks i guess.

#5 lirrmike

lirrmike

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:33 PM

I have a BLI Pennsy SD9 and the shell is nicely done, runs smooth and quiet. The sound is close to a EMD 567, but gets lost with the small sized speakers so it's hard to hear just how close the sounds are to the real engine. They're coming down in price, so I'd wait for a sale.
I also have the BLI ALCO High Hood Pennsy RSD15 and I think it's a keeper and the sound is almost on the money. I just leave on my test track and let it idle away!

Mike