Photo

The Breakfast Job

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 NorthernElectric

NorthernElectric

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

Hanging out at Denny's in Berkley I heard a subtle but unmistakable rumble. That ain't normal this early in the morning...then heard a small series of horn blast for the crossing at Main St. then blowing for the depot...then heard two switchers throttle off...I crammed the rest of the breakfast down, then had to wait in a long line to pay for my meal...*tick, tock, trains aswitchin'* finally after paying I ran to the depot saw nothing but those two old PFE reefers; they're always there-never moving, but always gone; I looked to the west and saw two switchers and about fifteen cars near the west switch of Berkley at the crossovers. I cautiously approached the crew and asked them could I ride with them…this is where it got fun! They showed me how to use the crossovers to “rule” the train and I had a blast. Come to find out UP has started a new local, dubbing it the "Breakfast Job", to switch out Berkley and the Galbardi-Dyer Industrial Park area…this local would then bring all of its loads to Sadonia City and give it to a manifest. After getting a series of shots with them I bade them farewell.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

To Dekosoft for their awesome products biggrin.gif

#2 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts